Nintendo Switch Thread

45 minutes ago, showtime said:

Switch Lite is low key trash.  They just re-did the stock Switch.  Buy that instead.

I have no use porting it to TV, I want a pure portable console and it’s $100 cheaper, basically a third off. I’m only gonna buy 1-2 games a year, not much of a video game guy except for Sports Games, Pokemon, and GTA. So it’s not worth the extra $100 invested imo. 

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have no use porting it to TV, I want a pure portable console and it’s $100 cheaper, basically a third off. I’m only gonna buy 1-2 games a year, not much of a video game guy except for Sports Games, Pokemon, and GTA. So it’s not worth the extra $100 invested imo. 

The re-designed Switch has a battery life that's like 2.5-3 hours longer than the stock Switch.  The battery life on the Switch lite is like 30 minutes to 1 hour longer and it's a worse console.  Also, why would you play sports games on here, especially in hand held?  I guess if the Switch is all you have then yea, but non-Nintendo games have questionable performance tbh... probably will be worse on the Switch lite.  Like, Mortal Kombat 11 is garbage on the Switch.  So basically, you're buying a console for one game (Pokemon), so I guess the Switch lite is probably alright.

The new re-designed Switch is the best handheld console ever tho.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The re-designed Switch has a battery life that's like 2.5-3 hours longer than the stock Switch.  The battery life on the Switch lite is like 30 minutes to 1 hour longer and it's a worse console.  Also, why would you play sports games on here, especially in hand held?  I guess if the Switch is all you have then yea, but non-Nintendo games have questionable performance tbh... probably will be worse on the Switch lite.  Like, Mortal Kombat 11 is garbage on the Switch.  So basically, you're buying a console for one game (Pokemon), so I guess the Switch lite is probably alright.

The new re-designed Switch is the best handheld console ever tho.

What does the re-designed Switch have over the Switch Lite besides longer battery life (most say they’ve never even come close to having their Switch about to die, if you do, you’re probably playing way too much anyways) and hooking up to the TV? Not much really, basically the same console and more portable. I have no use for a TV Hookup and an looking for a Handheld device only, and the Switch Lite plays Switch games unlike the 3DS. 

I’ve heard the Switch Lite feels much better in the hands and much easier to port around places as the original Switch is massive. 

I’m not saying the Switch Lite is a better console, that’s not the argument here which I feel is what you are trying to make. To me, the Switch Lite better suits my needs. As it will many other people.  It’s not worth an extra $100 when I have no desire to hook it up to a TV or play 4 hours straight. I casually play a couple hours at home a day and play on airlines during long flights which is often. 

The Switch Lite is the perfect invention for me. That’s all that matters. 

• Like 1

I'm sure Gamestop will have a really good deal on upgrading the base Switch for one of the upgraded ones.  When they do, I'll be all over that.  That 3 more hours of battery life is extremely substantial.  There are reports there will be a new higher quality screen placed on the newer Switch version as well.  Those are more than enough reasons for me to upgrade seeing as I mainly only pretty much play handheld.

16 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

So I bought BoTW last week and have played it probably 10 hours. I feel like i've accomplished absolutely nothing. I have no clue where to go for the main quests haha but I just run around looking for shrines and towers. It's fun 

Yeah I didn’t understand what I was supposed to do

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

What’s different about it

I think it's just the battery life, but I could be wrong about that.  The battery life is essentially 2x better, which is massive if you play handheld.  If you only play docked, then that upgrade is meaningless. 

I'm def going to upgrade at some point.  I saw Gamestop was doing a trade-in right now for the current Switch model and you can get a brand new one for like $50-$70 or something like that.  I'll probably do that at some point because I pretty much only play handheld, so that double battery life is crucial for me.

18 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

So I bought BoTW last week and have played it probably 10 hours. I feel like i've accomplished absolutely nothing. I have no clue where to go for the main quests haha but I just run around looking for shrines and towers. It's fun 

If you aren't sure what need to do for your main quests, check your quest log.

Go ahead and lay into me for being a hypocrite but I couldn’t wait til September to play the Switch... the itch was strong. I got the new Battery life Switch instead. I pre ordered Pokemon Shield and NBA 2K20. Also got Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Breath of the Wild. 

Any other game recommendations? Mostly into RPGs and Sports Games. Was debating getting Octopath Traveler. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Go ahead and lay into me for being a hypocrite but I couldn’t wait til September to play the Switch... the itch was strong. I got the new Battery life Switch instead. I pre ordered Pokemon Shield and NBA 2K20. Also got Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Breath of the Wild. 

Any other game recommendations? Mostly into RPGs and Sports Games. Was debating getting Octopath Traveler. 

Fire Emblem: Three Houses has been my favorite game on Switch.  I would definitely go with FE over Octopath 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why would we lay into you for making the smarter purchasing choice?  The Switch Lite is the worst version.

If you're into RPG's, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is an aRPG and is great.  A lot of people like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I've never played it.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Why would we lay into you for making the smarter purchasing choice?  The Switch Lite is the worst version.

If you're into RPG's, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is an aRPG and is great.  A lot of people like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I've never played it.

I'd say octopath or fire emblem fore XBC2 tbh.