Nintendo Switch Thread

20 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Really liking Paper Mario, but man setting up the board during boss battles is really hard and annoying.  Not sure how much I like it but at least it's not too easy.

I've heard the exact opposite from some friends. The game is apparently super easy from what I heard. One of the reasons I'm not picking it up.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I've heard the exact opposite from some friends. The game is apparently super easy from what I heard. One of the reasons I'm not picking it up.

I'm loving every minute. Same for the gaming group of friends I have. The writing is superb and the visuals are great as always. The battles are easy, but the ring puzzles are challenging at times and the boss battles have been great.

If you need difficulty throughout the game, then yeah it's probably not for you. It's not Dark Souls, but I don't always want that when I play a game. Sometimes it's nice to to just sit and be with a game. I'll probably 100% this which is going to take a while.

• 1 month later...

Nintendo had like 0 games the first half of the year announced.

Literally just Xenoblade and then they come out banging with a mario collection and a hell of a good looking Hyrule Warriors game which will be CANON.

God their E3 would've been ridiculous with all of this but no just surprise drops. 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Well, I bought one.  With Super Mario Odyssey. Now I’m going to eat Ramen Noodles for a month to recoup what I can afford but I’m cheap and a whiner.

Then go get Breath of the Wild and you might forget to boil the water for your ramen.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Then go get Breath of the Wild and you might forget to boil the water for your ramen.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really feel like the animation of Breath of the Wild will take me out of it.  I like a little realism to my RPGs and I am not sure I'll be able to get into it.

I can see that game being the type of game where I try three times to get into it and never get to the point where I can fully grasp the world and the options available. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I really feel like the animation of Breath of the Wild will take me out of it.  I like a little realism to my RPGs and I am not sure I'll be able to get into it.

I can see that game being the type of game where I try three times to get into it and never get to the point where I can fully grasp the world and the options available. 

I hope you get through it. It is a pleasure

Odyssey is incredible as well, enjoy!

On 10/6/2020 at 11:54 AM, Outpost31 said:

*looks at Chocobos and other things from FF series*
*shrugs*

hmm ... well ... more power to you, I suppose. I say this with all sincerity and no snark intended, you know you. If you don't think you'll like it, then it might be the right call to pass.

At the same time, it was the game of the year last year, so I would say you should maybe get a used copy and say "I'm going to give this a good solid 5-10 hours." If you don't like it then, then it's not to be. No harm and minimal foul.

But as @JBURGE said, enjoy Odyssey. It is also a wonderful game.

Edited by Woz
  • Like 2

Okay, so I thought Super Mario Odyssey was more like the last 3D Mario game for the Wii U.  I had no idea it was the sandbox type Mario 64 game.  When I found out I was excited, but also a little put off because I bought the Switch and Odyssey specifically to get me through two night audits I had to do.  Just wanted something simple to kill time.

But now I’m fully in it and this game is ****ing incredible.  

• Like 1