Nintendo Switch Thread

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay, so I thought Super Mario Odyssey was more like the last 3D Mario game for the Wii U.  I had no idea it was the sandbox type Mario 64 game.  When I found out I was excited, but also a little put off because I bought the Switch and Odyssey specifically to get me through two night audits I had to do.  Just wanted something simple to kill time.

But now I’m fully in it and this game is ****ing incredible.  

Find all of the moons. DO IT!!

• 3 weeks later...

Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity both have demos out. 

I played through them both - I think I'll end up getting Pikmin. It's not as long of a game, but what I did play was pretty fun and creative. I feel like Hyrule Warriors will have more content, but those types of games become really repetitive for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have good party games for the Switch? I have Mario Party/Kart and Jack In the Box Trivia but I was seeing for some other ones maybe that might be good from indie developers. I want a good trivia game because Jack Trivia jets old and short quickly for the pricetag.

The other thing I was looking for was something similar to Fuzion Frenzy thats just a bunch of fun mini-games like Mario Party without the gameboard. 

On 11/13/2020 at 6:41 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Anybody have good party games for the Switch? I have Mario Party/Kart and Jack In the Box Trivia but I was seeing for some other ones maybe that might be good from indie developers. I want a good trivia game because Jack Trivia jets old and short quickly for the pricetag.

The other thing I was looking for was something similar to Fuzion Frenzy thats just a bunch of fun mini-games like Mario Party without the gameboard. 

Overcooked is pretty fun for local multiplayer. Very chaotic. 

On 11/15/2020 at 7:55 PM, Lions017 said:

Overcooked is pretty fun for local multiplayer. Very chaotic. 

What about Splatoon? I owned a N64 like every kid in the world did and I recently got a Switch to play games with my wife (shes not a video game person but everybody can have fun playing Mario Party/Mario Kart, ect)

So Im trying to find just some fun games like those for me and her to play and the only 2 I found were Overcooked and Splatoon but ive never even heard of those before haha

22 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

What about Splatoon? I owned a N64 like every kid in the world did and I recently got a Switch to play games with my wife (shes not a video game person but everybody can have fun playing Mario Party/Mario Kart, ect)

So Im trying to find just some fun games like those for me and her to play and the only 2 I found were Overcooked and Splatoon but ive never even heard of those before haha

My wife got deep into Animal Crossing. You can play that cooperatively and live on the same island together. 

Splatoon is fun enough for a more casual player to have a good time, but deep enough for a hardcore game. I've only played it solo though, not sure how that works cooperatively.