Nintendo Switch Thread

27 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

TBH I got so bored of that game... People love it but I could never get into it. 

I was the same way.  I kept trying to get into it, but always felt like I was forcing my way through it.  Such a large portion of people absolutely love it, though.

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I think that the thing to remember about BOTW is that you don't have to do it all. You don't have to find every shrine. That's kind of the beauty of the game - it can be as long or as short as you want. 

I absolutely did have to find every shrine. Though the internet helped with probably a couple dozen

On 3/23/2021 at 6:44 PM, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, Breath of the Wild for some reason is just very peaceful for me.

It’s expansive AF, but presented in a simple way.

Didn’t think I’d like it but I love it.

Glad you liked it. Really one of those games where if you give it a shot I am confident most people would like it a lot. 

On 3/22/2021 at 9:12 PM, Outpost31 said:

FFS why did I take so long to play Breath of the Wild?

I am at absolute peace playing this game.

better late than never tho. Get all you can out of it, I had a really hard time going through it again. The magic only lasted the first playthrough for me, but there was a whole lot of it. In my top 3 games all time. 

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

better late than never tho. Get all you can out of it, I had a really hard time going through it again. The magic only lasted the first playthrough for me, but there was a whole lot of it. In my top 3 games all time. 

Yeah I can see this as the type of game I would never ever play again.

Ever.

It’s a great game, but I would find it very taxing to do all of this a second time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah I can see this as the type of game I would never ever play again.

Ever.

It’s a great game, but I would find it very taxing to do all of this a second time.

It is. In my playthrough I collected all of the dragon shards etc for the armor, did all the shrines, etc so it was a lot. I tried playing again and didn't get very far. Also tried playing it on the really hard difficulty and the early game was so hard I quit that pretty quick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

It is. In my playthrough I collected all of the dragon shards etc for the armor, did all the shrines, etc so it was a lot. I tried playing again and didn't get very far. Also tried playing it on the really hard difficulty and the early game was so hard I quit that pretty quick. 

Yeah, that’s one of the things I like about it.  It lets you get into fights early on that you just can’t win (if you’re my type of gamer).  So I pin those areas to go back to later.  

I can see myself stalling a little bit if I don’t start looking up some of the answers to some of these puzzles.  The puzzles are great, but I typically play this after work when I just want something chill and relaxing.  

The crafting system I’m not crazy about.  I have a hard time killing animals in video games, so I’m not about to catch and kill a frog or a crab or a lizard for an elixir.  Yes I know it’s a video game, TyTy, I don’t want any **** out of you.

The physics are really fun, and the stamina thing I think is perfect (although I wish I could run without worrying about stamina).  

Basically I think this game opened me up to more of this type of animation.  Now I’m ready to consider other RPGs and games like this.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, that’s one of the things I like about it.  It lets you get into fights early on that you just can’t win (if you’re my type of gamer).  So I pin those areas to go back to later.  

I can see myself stalling a little bit if I don’t start looking up some of the answers to some of these puzzles.  The puzzles are great, but I typically play this after work when I just want something chill and relaxing.  

The crafting system I’m not crazy about.  I have a hard time killing animals in video games, so I’m not about to catch and kill a frog or a crab or a lizard for an elixir.  Yes I know it’s a video game, TyTy, I don’t want any **** out of you.

The physics are really fun, and the stamina thing I think is perfect (although I wish I could run without worrying about stamina).  

Basically I think this game opened me up to more of this type of animation.  Now I’m ready to consider other RPGs and games like this.  

The stamina early game was definitely one of the most frustrating parts. christ you're making me want to try playing it again, I beat it when it first came out, so it has been a while...

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The stamina early game was definitely one of the most frustrating parts. christ you're making me want to try playing it again, I beat it when it first came out, so it has been a while...

Let’s be realistic.  If you start it up again you won’t finish it.

This is a 5 year game.  Play it, love it, want some more like it, but then if you start it up you’ll remember that the endearing qualities are now a pain.

It’s why I’ll never get married.  You love it at first certain things, but then every single day those certain things become irritating AF until you realized you just had a roommate for 7/10 years you slowly grew to resent until you decided to give half of your belongings away to just to get away from them.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Let’s be realistic.  If you start it up again you won’t finish it.

This is a 5 year game.  Play it, love it, want some more like it, but then if you start it up you’ll remember that the endearing qualities are now a pain.

It’s why I’ll never get married.  You love it at first certain things, but then every single day those certain things become irritating AF until you realized you just had a roommate for 7/10 years you slowly grew to resent until you decided to give half of your belongings away to just to get away from them.

But maybe I will have forgotten a lot of the shrines! But yeah, there is just so much to do. Getting the gears and stupid stuff from the guardians, that one time you have to light all of those torches with the blue flame. ugh. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

dr steve brule confusion GIF