Nintendo Switch Thread

I haven't finished BotW yet. No rush, just before the new one comes out. Not sure if I want to mess with Skyward Sword yet. I've put well over 100 hours into my single BotW playthrough and have one divine beast plus Ganon left. Haven't really played it with any rhyme of reason. Just walked around in huge circles exploring everything. 

Breath of the Wild is great and everything, but it gets pretty simple and a little repetitive.

I’m glad I got it and I’ll definitely get all the shrines.  I’ll probably look up how to find all those little guys that are hiding everywhere, too, but I dislike how your weapons and bows break and the only two things you can really level are stamina and health.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 8:46 PM, Outpost31 said:

I’ll probably look up how to find all those little guys that are hiding everywhere, too

Given that there are like 900 of them, have fun with that. Even a completionist like me thought that was somewhat excessive.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

To be fair, you only need 441 to get max weapons, bows, and shields. But there is apparently some special reward if you find them all.

Good luck.

No that’s too much.  I’m already a little bored with the game.  I’ll finish it, but there’s not enough reward for all the work.

It’s a very fun light activity, after work type of game, but I still can’t get past the very little leveling options and how all the weapons break.  That is so irritating to me that I will PROBABLY never play the game.  I guess I might at some point, but if I had known the leveling was so limited and the weapons broke like that I probably would not have bought it because it gets really irritating over time.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

No that’s too much.  I’m already a little bored with the game.  I’ll finish it, but there’s not enough reward for all the work.

It’s a very fun light activity, after work type of game, but I still can’t get past the very little leveling options and how all the weapons break.  That is so irritating to me that I will PROBABLY never play the game.  I guess I might at some point, but if I had known the leveling was so limited and the weapons broke like that I probably would not have bought it because it gets really irritating over time.

I hear you.

That said, I'm still anxiously awaiting for any and all BotW2 news.

4 hours ago, Woz said:

I hear you.

That said, I'm still anxiously awaiting for any and all BotW2 news.

I’ll say it opened my mind to other RPGs I didn’t think I would be able to get into due to the animation/not attempting to be photorealistic for want of a better term.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:46 PM, Outpost31 said:

I dislike how your weapons and bows breakh.

This is the single most idiotic mechanic I've ever encountered. Weapon breaks but you can fix it? That's fine, but to break andbe gone forever is stupid. There are people that think its great but no it's stupid. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

This is the single most idiotic mechanic I've ever encountered. Weapon breaks but you can fix it? That's fine, but to break andbe gone forever is stupid. There are people that think its great but no it's stupid. 

Yep, I really truly hate it.

I think it’s great for the early going, and playing under the assumption that I would eventually start finding unbreakable weapons, it was fantastic.

As the game progressed, I wanted to know when I would start finding unbreakable weapons.  When I learned that there was only one unbreakable weapon, and that it “broke” and took a recharge period, my enjoyment of the game took a SERIOUS hit.

I am playing it now as an after work relaxer.  Going for all shrines, and MAYBE all of those hidden guys just so I can say I did it and be done with it and get my money’s worth.

But the weapon thing is killer for me ever doing a replay.  It completely destroys any desire I have for combat, and more often than not I just run from enemies.  There is zero incentive whatsoever to fight.

Really, really, really dumb.  I mean in games like Days Gone and other games where weapons break, not ALL of them break, and you can level up so they break less.

If there was some way to do this in BOTW, it would be a much better game.  Or if there was incentive to fight.

The only real incentive in the game is shrines, and even those provide only two options.

Whatever though.  It really is a great game, but a true one timer if I ever saw one.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I think it’s great for the early going, and playing under the assumption that I would eventually start finding unbreakable weapons, it was fantastic.

As the game progressed, I wanted to know when I would start finding unbreakable weapons.  When I learned that there was only one unbreakable weapon, and that it “broke” and took a recharge period, my enjoyment of the game took a SERIOUS hit.

I am playing it now as an after work relaxer.  Going for all shrines, and MAYBE all of those hidden guys just so I can say I did it and be done with it and get my money’s worth.

But the weapon thing is killer for me ever doing a replay.  It completely destroys any desire I have for combat, and more often than not I just run from enemies.  There is zero incentive whatsoever to fight.

Really, really, really dumb.  I mean in games like Days Gone and other games where weapons break, not ALL of them break, and you can level up so they break less.

If there was some way to do this in BOTW, it would be a much better game.  Or if there was incentive to fight.

The only real incentive in the game is shrines, and even those provide only two options.

Whatever though.  It really is a great game, but a true one timer if I ever saw one.

Agree with you. When I had a Switch I enjoyed the parts I did play, but that mechanic really sucks. Look at Dark Souls you can break your weapons but you can repair and fix them. Days Gone I haven't tried but same idea if some weapons break ok thats fine I don't expect to fix a tree branch but actual swords and things ehh

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 10:06 AM, Outpost31 said:

Yeah I assumed that’d be a thing later, that sucks.

I’ve started and stopped the game like 10 times. I wanted to like it so much having never played a Zelda title.

It’s kinda like Red Dead 2, I totally get what the devs were going for, but they are both purposely obtuse and vague in the way they are structured. Couldn’t blast past that for either. Want to try again with Red Dead because I know the story is in there somewhere.