Nintendo Switch Thread

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

@AkronsWitnesspretty much sounds like most of the Mario games which is why I never buy them.  Switch needs a Mario gamepass so people can play whenever in the mood or whenever getting together with friends.

I agree, like I said its a fun game--entertaining. Its just not complex. I am sort of shocked a game like this that they know is limited because they are constrained by a golf course didnt come with a really good, long, rewarding 1 player story mode.

They have one, Im just surprised they didnt make it 10x more elaborate with different difficulties. Its not challenging and the story itself isnt immersive. Its a good concept, it just feels like they half arsed it if you know what I mean.

Also, How do you make a golf game and only have 6 courses?! lol

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I agree, like I said its a fun game--entertaining. Its just not complex. I am sort of shocked a game like this that they know is limited because they are constrained by a golf course didnt come with a really good, long, rewarding 1 player story mode.

They have one, Im just surprised they didnt make it 10x more elaborate with different difficulties. Its not challenging and the story itself isnt immersive. Its a good concept, it just feels like they half arsed it if you know what I mean.

Also, How do you make a golf game and only have 6 courses?! lol

Mario is such a huge name they can do whatever they want and get away with it.  It's like Disney movies, they never go on sale they are always $20-25 because parents will always buy them for the kids. Plus for kids I'm sure they'll play over and over without a problem.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Woz said:

Well, I wasn't thinking about it until now but ...

Metroid isn't usually my thing - I get lost too easily and I don't usually like games that are very difficult. 

I'm still getting this one. It looks great. 

Worst case scenario is that I spent 10-15 hours on it and then sell it on eBay when I'm done to get my money back. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Mario Party is getting good reviews, I will be taking the bait lol.  Played MP2 and 3 a million times growing up and miss that style.  Just don't see myself having the time to play often.

Yeah I've thought about it. I probably won't get it though because I play by myself 90% of the time. 

Metroid Dread is incredible, by the way. Metroid has never been my favorite franchise but it's a Top 10, borderline Top 10 Switch game for me. It's super hard at times but very forgiving with checkpoints and it's very satisfying to beat each boss. Movement and combat is also just so fluid compared to the older Metroid games. 

On 10/29/2021 at 7:25 AM, Lions017 said:

Yeah I've thought about it. I probably won't get it though because I play by myself 90% of the time. 

Metroid Dread is incredible, by the way. Metroid has never been my favorite franchise but it's a Top 10, borderline Top 10 Switch game for me. It's super hard at times but very forgiving with checkpoints and it's very satisfying to beat each boss. Movement and combat is also just so fluid compared to the older Metroid games. 

Traded in Smash Bros, haven't played it in like 2 years, and got a whopping $40 towards Superstars.  I was stunned.

Played a round last night and it was a blast.  If the rumors of DLC are true then this is a must have.  Would love for them to add a few more characters, maps and minigames, even if I have to pay.

On 11/1/2021 at 8:37 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Traded in Smash Bros, haven't played it in like 2 years, and got a whopping $40 towards Superstars.  I was stunned.

Played a round last night and it was a blast.  If the rumors of DLC are true then this is a must have.  Would love for them to add a few more characters, maps and minigames, even if I have to pay.

I'm not the biggest Mario Party fan, but Superstars is a hoot. Family had a grand old time just playing the minigames (wife found the one "party" we did kind of long ... used the recommended 15 turns on Yoshi's Island)

On 11/6/2021 at 12:16 AM, Woz said:

I'm not the biggest Mario Party fan, but Superstars is a hoot. Family had a grand old time just playing the minigames (wife found the one "party" we did kind of long ... used the recommended 15 turns on Yoshi's Island)

20 turns has taken me 60-75 mins.

I don't remember how long it used to take on older Mario Parties.  I'm not looking for one quick game so I think one hour is good and both games I played have been decided on the final turn.

8 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

20 turns has taken me 60-75 mins.

I don't remember how long it used to take on older Mario Parties.  I'm not looking for one quick game so I think one hour is good and both games I played have been decided on the final turn.

Definitely got a victory snaked away on the bonus star round by @SpawnOfWoz.

• 3 weeks later...

Game recommendations? My wife bought a Switch for our 4 year old son for Christmas, and I’m probably going to end up playing it more than anyone. I have been playing old PS2 games lately and haven’t bought a new video game since Red Dead Redemption for PS3 in around 2010.

EDIT: Mario Kart came with it, and I’ll probably buy the Mario for switch that I saw all the great reviews for. I used to play all that stuff when I was a kid.

Edited by JohnChimpo

11 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Game recommendations? My wife bought a Switch for our 4 year old son for Christmas, and I’m probably going to end up playing it more than anyone. I have been playing old PS2 games lately and haven’t bought a new video game since Red Dead Redemption for PS3 in around 2010.

EDIT: Mario Kart came with it, and I’ll probably buy the Mario for switch that I saw all the great reviews for. I used to play all that stuff when I was a kid.

Not all of these will be for you pending your tastes or if you played them for Wii U: Any of the major Wii U ports, New Mario Party, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild (Would be my greatest game of all time if not for the weapon breaking function), Animal Crossing, Metroid Dread, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem, Mario + Rabbids, Paper Mario, Pokemon, Pokemon Snap.

• Like 2