Nintendo Switch Thread

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

It blows my mind that BOTW is considered an all-time great game. 

I say the same thing about Elder Scrolls and Horizon Zero Dawn.  Not every game is for every person. I loved BOTW and could see why people think it's one of the best games out there.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2022 at 8:06 AM, Heimdallr said:

I Don'T Get It! I'M Sorry, I Just - I Don'T Get It - The Office GIF - The  Office Ellie Kemper Erin Hannon - Discover & Share GIFs

I'm with you. I think its an extremely good game especially for the Switch but I'm not really sure outside of its physics what it does better then some of the other open world games with critical acclaim. I would pretty easily rate RDR2 & GTA V over it. I think Horizon Zero Dawn,  Spider Man, AC Odyssey also have legs to stand on. If you count games with interlocking world but not necessarily open world games God of War and probably even Dark Souls 3 are better as well. 

IMO almost all Nintendo games are artificially inflated in reviews due to whatever black magic Nintendo has created. I actually think Mario Odyssey & Fire Emblem 3 Houses are better then BOTW. 

Edited by Spartacus

34 minutes ago, Spartacus said:
On 3/30/2022 at 9:06 AM, Heimdallr said:

I Don'T Get It! I'M Sorry, I Just - I Don'T Get It - The Office GIF - The  Office Ellie Kemper Erin Hannon - Discover & Share GIFs

I'm with you. I think its an extremely good game especially for the Switch but I'm not really sure outside of its physics what it does better then some of the other open world games with critical acclaim. I would pretty easily rate RDR2 & GTA V over it. I think Horizon Zero Dawn,  Spider Man, AC Odyssey also have legs to stand on. If you count games with interlocking world but not necessarily open world games God of War and probably even Dark Souls 3 are better as well. 

IMO almost all Nintendo games are artificially inflated in reviews due to whatever black magic Nintendo has created. I actually think Mario Odyssey & Fire Emblem 3 Houses are better then BOTW. 

Nicolas Cage Laugh GIFs | Tenor

BOTW is at worst a top 10 game all time and I will not take this slander

All of the other games I agree

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Nicolas Cage Laugh GIFs | Tenor

BOTW is at worst a top 10 game all time and I will not take this slander

All of the other games I agree

Say what you want about the gameplay of AC Odyssey but it has a beautifully crafted open world both by design and scale. Attika, the Statue of Zeus, Lesbos all stand up to areas in games much newer then its own. It is a beautifully realized world and IMO one of the most underrated open worlds of all time. BOTW open world is good and does have some really great locations as well but I really suggest you revisit Odyssey.  

I also disagree entirely on it being a top 10 game of all time. Way too many flaws for it to be a top 10 game of all time. If this was a new franchise and not attached to Zelda I don't think it would even be in discussion. Top game on the Switch I can at least see the argument.

Edited by Spartacus

• 1 month later...

Well since I use the Switch primarily for 'party games' it was nice to see Switch Sports come out. Picked it up the other day and its just as good as Wii Sports was, but with more games and Golf coming soon.

However I dont remember Wii Sports being this easy.....I played bowling and was literally getting Strikes/Spares every single frame no problem.

Edited by AkronsWitness

• 2 months later...

Just ordered an OLED and got Mario Kart with free online switch plus SMT V. What are some other ones I should add on my wishlist? Breathe of the Wild I've played most of an won't get it unless I can get it cheap used. Same with Odyssey will likely pick up Mario Bros U when its cheap enough as well. Next game I plan on getting once I beat SMT is Metroid Dread. Can't wait for Wednesday 

10 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Just ordered an OLED and got Mario Kart with free online switch plus SMT V. What are some other ones I should add on my wishlist? Breathe of the Wild I've played most of an won't get it unless I can get it cheap used. Same with Odyssey will likely pick up Mario Bros U when its cheap enough as well. Next game I plan on getting once I beat SMT is Metroid Dread. Can't wait for Wednesday 

What comes out Wednesday?

Im looking forward to the new Pokemon game thats coming out here fairly soon, Im also looking forward to Advanced Wars when it gets released as well

Only game I could really recommend on the Switch thats out is Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl

17 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

What are you in to? My top Switch games would be Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid Dread, Pokemon Arceus, Stardew Valley, Hades, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Mario 3D World. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

What are you in to? My top Switch games would be Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid Dread, Pokemon Arceus, Stardew Valley, Hades, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Mario 3D World. 

I like RPGs, Metroid games, also the metro games. I used to have a switch and had Mario Bros u, Odyssey and botw. All were great but going to wait on deals for those. I'll check it fire emblem after I get through smt! Definitely want dread but went with a cheaper title to start

11 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

What comes out Wednesday?

Im looking forward to the new Pokemon game thats coming out here fairly soon, Im also looking forward to Advanced Wars when it gets released as well

Only game I could really recommend on the Switch thats out is Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl

My switch will be delivered haha. Never played any Pokemon games may check some out as well. 

• Like 1