Oh Goody- Center of Attention

HangOnSloopy

I’m all aboard the trade down in the 1st and take Billy Price train, but I think the Bengals plan has been lately to take a playmaker of sorts in round 1. I could totally see a Roquan Smith selection or if one of the top prospects start to fall. I honestly do not see them going OT in round 1 at all. 

7 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Here’s the thing. The bengals don’t want to enter 2018 with a rookie at LT and C... 

Can't blame them for not wanting that, but they should have upgraded center two off-seasons ago. There are at least 3 rookies in this draft that will be better day one than Bodine ever was. 

8 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Can't blame them for not wanting that, but they should have upgraded center two off-seasons ago. There are at least 3 rookies in this draft that will be better day one than Bodine ever was. 

I agree. Hobson already posted an article saying the Bengals don’t see value at OT in round 1, and they will look to take one in rounds 2-3. He said they are looking at playmakers at LB and S. Take that for what it’s worth...

...which is probably nothing 

• 1 month later...

Billy Price injured in pectoral muscle at the combine.  Which means he probably just moved up the Bengals draft board.  He should be ready for the season (4 month injury).  I hope Bodine walks, because Price is a realistic option now for our 2nd round pick...

Quentin Nelson, Connor Williams, James Daniels, and Will Hernandez.  Those are the top 4 on my list that we should target.  Nelson or Connor Williams if we stay at #12.  Daniels or Hernandez in a trade down (if possible).  If we can't trade down, I'm fine with taking either of them at #12 overall as well...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Quentin Nelson, Connor Williams, James Daniels, and Will Hernandez.  Those are the top 4 on my list that we should target.  Nelson or Connor Williams if we stay at #12.  Daniels or Hernandez in a trade down (if possible).  If we can't trade down, I'm fine with taking either of them at #12 overall as well...

Miller and O’neill look like projects but prob gone if aren’t grabbed in the 2nd (I’m high on O’neill Especially if he makes it to the third). My guess is they take Williams at #12 but Daniels might be the safer pick seeing how much more consistent his college play was. Less question marks and such.

Archived