Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

On 7/14/2017 at 0:30 PM, Heimdallr said:

Harrison Smith: “I don’t want to play for another team, ever. I want to be a Viking for life, and I want to bring a championship to the city and the franchise.”

Bummer.  Still mad we took Perry over him.  He was my absolute favorite player in that draft, and he's already my second favorite Viking of all time behind Jared Allen (Favre doesn't count). 

Anyhoo, what's the opinion on Treadwell from Viking fans?  Anticipation or dread? 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Bummer.  Still mad we took Perry over him.  He was my absolute favorite player in that draft, and he's already my second favorite Viking of all time behind Jared Allen (Favre doesn't count). 

Anyhoo, what's the opinion on Treadwell from Viking fans?  Anticipation or dread? 

Anticipation. 

I expect Treadwell to fully take the #3 spot behind Diggs and Thielen. His offseason was very productive, and you could see a vast improvement in his route running and takeoffs from the LOS. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Anticipation. 

I expect Treadwell to fully take the #3 spot behind Diggs and Thielen. His offseason was very productive, and you could see a vast improvement in his route running and takeoffs from the LOS. 

What do you think his ceiling is?  What do you think his... I don't know, basement, is? 

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Basement is chain mover. Ceiling is a true #1 receiver. 

I don't think Treadwell will ever be a top-10 WR (Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, etc), because he doesn't have elite quickness or speed, but I think he can be a very good possession WR. I could see him being a perennial 80 / 1000 / 8 type of WR if he stays healthy.

On Friday the Vikings signed rookie DT Chunky Clements and waived rookie DE Caleb Kidder.

Clements (6-2, 295) signs with the Vikings after going undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft. The Dayton, Ohio native played in 46 games while collecting 20 starts for the Illini. Clements would go on to finish his collegiate career with 99 tackles, 25.5 TFLs, 6.0 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles. The Minnesota Vikings active roster still stands at 89.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-Rookie-Free-Agent-DT-Chunky-Clements/bd56d928-3fea-45ed-ab56-24b84c20c13e

On 7/17/2017 at 8:29 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Anticipation for sure. As others have stated, I see Treadwell taking the #3 WR position and possibly earning himself more playing time as the year progresses. He will make it difficult for Floyd to jump into the line up after his suspension. 

On 7/17/2017 at 8:29 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd lean towards cautiousness right now.  I don't dread what he'll do, and I hope he can turn into a good possession chain moving WR who can go up and get it in the red zone, but I feel like that type of receiver takes more time to develop because it's about route running, it's about body position against defenders and fighting back for balls, and when you're a big WR in college, you don't do that as much, so I'm hoping he can end the season as the #3 WR, but might take him most season.