Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

They've gotten close too many times in his lifetime.  It's been frustrating how close they have been...for someone right now who's 32 years old, they've lost in the NFC Championship Game 5 times during their lifetime, which means they've lost more NFC Championship Games in that span than Super Bowls in the franchise's existence.  

This hurts. Im 33.

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

They've gotten close too many times in his lifetime.  It's been frustrating how close they have been...for someone right now who's 32 years old, they've lost in the NFC Championship Game 5 times during their lifetime, which means they've lost more NFC Championship Games in that span than Super Bowls in the franchise's existence.  

I am old enough, not quite as old as Vike Daddy, to remember all the SB losses and every NFCCG that followed that last SB loss.  It stinks to get so close (what 9 times???) and still not have a Lombardi.  I am fast approaching 60 years old...this franchise can't dither around anymore!!!!!

20 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

So, the Dolphins are definitely trying to tank, right?

Yeah without really saying it. But I just don’t understand getting rid of guys like Taylor. He’s pretty dang good. They don’t lose much getting rid of Kiko, basically another salary dump and get a LB that in reality is probably just as good as Kiko. 

They really tore into the Texans on that trade if their draft picks can pan out. Allows them the ability to really move around in the draft need be to get whatever they want. In reality, they could Snag a QB, Starting LT, and a good WR next year. 

Could be interesting for them taking this route, but it’s going to be a couple year process to really fix that offense. 

One thing they will have going for them is they have a few defensive stars, and ton of Cap room. No state income taxes should help maybe get a few players this offseason.

16 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

So, the Dolphins are definitely trying to tank, right?

It's a culture change, and often happens when new coaches take over, especially Belichick guys like Flores.  Patricia did similar things, but not to quite the extent, but I think it's a good idea for the Dolphins to do it, it's not like they had a plethora of talent anyway...and the talent they did have wasn't really a top-shelf talent.  Tunsil's a good player, but not a great player, I'd take the picks too and just revamp that entire roster.  I'm not sure 20 years later that they've still recovered from Marino's retirement, outside of a few good years here and there.    

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If they are already selling out and not starting him, it’s hard to believe they have much faith in him.

Drafted with a 1st....traded for a 2nd....potentially traded within the next year.

His career is dead before he had a shot. I feel bad for him.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Drafted with a 1st....traded for a 2nd....potentially traded within the next year.

His career is dead before he had a shot. I feel bad for him.

I don't feel real bad, but hopefully this situation has humbled him a bit.  He had a little too much Brady Quinn in him coming out in the draft.  

38 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't feel real bad, but hopefully this situation has humbled him a bit.  He had a little too much Brady Quinn in him coming out in the draft.  

I don't feel too bad either. Just seems if he was half way decent in practice and took command of the team, he'd be starting. Maybe they have a plan. Fitzpatrick will inevitably fail at some point during the year. He doesn't have as many weapons as he had in Tampa. 

Id guess we will see Rosen by the half way point and he will inevitably fail given the lack of talent Miami has.