Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

15 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

He was really good in 19. This makes no sense any way you slice it. We had the money to keep him around and get him healthy. A 2022 6th? Really?

The problem is he wasn't healthy in either 2018 or 2020.  He couldn't be relied upon.  The fact that they got anything for him is a bonus.  It makes sense, because he likely wasn't going to get a lot of play time this year because he's been surpassed on the depth chart by multiple players.

13 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

How have we never heard of her before?  What was her role with Patton?

I had seen her name before and had briefly read stories on her, so I only knew of her vaguely, but she was in the scouting department, so you don't really get to know a lot about them. I mean, I think we've all heard the name Jamaal Stephenson, but do we really know anything about him?

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

What pick % did the Wolves end up getting?

It looks like 9% to get #1, with the Rockets, Pistons and Magic all at 14% to get #1.  They have a 37% chance to get in the top 4 (I'm not sure what it is to get in the top 3 though, but I imagine it has to be around that 30% mentioned the other day)

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It looks like 9% to get #1, with the Rockets, Pistons and Magic all at 14% to get #1.  They have a 37% chance to get in the top 4 (I'm not sure what it is to get in the top 3 though, but I imagine it has to be around that 30% mentioned the other day)

FWIW, I went to this site: http://www.tankathon.com/

And it took me 5 tries to get the Wolves to get a top 3 pick (went #1 on that try, otherwise the first 4 were #6 or #7).

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Sweet thanks for the reply, Saw a poster saying that our 1st round pick last year could be a good one so lets hope! (It may of been you but im not 100% sure) So lets hope we can get another good draft pick and build upon our team

"If they had finished with the fourth- or fifth-worst record, they would have had a 34.1 percent chance of landing a top-three pick. Now, in the No. 6 position, the Wolves’ odds of landing a top-three pick and thus keeping their selection have dropped to 27.6 percent."

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2021/05/17/minnesota-timberwolves-final-nba-draft-lottery-odds/

I'm not sure what the NBA tie-breakers are but had they lost to the Mavs they would have finished in a 3-way tie at 22-50 with the Cavs and Thunder. It is a difference of 6.5%.

I'm certainly not an NBA fan but do keep tabs on the Wolves when I can. It seems that if KAT (22 games missed) and D-Lo (30 games missed) were healthy and Ant found his game sooner we wouldn't even be having this discussion, the pick would easily be GSW's. Again, this is my thought process after box-score scouting the last 10 minutes or so.

I'd say the future is easily as bright as it has been for the Wolves with the sale of the team to A-Rod. They also finished the season "strong" going 11-13 since 4/2.