Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He's younger than both of them, and arguably still has higher upside.  

Conklin and Johnson are both all pro right tackles. O’Neill has a ways to go before he gets there. 

Quite frankly, O’Neill would be lucky if he got Conklin’s deal. He certainly doesn’t have the resume that’s earned it. O’Neill is probably a lot closer to the talent level of La’el Collins, and he recently signed for $10M per year. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Conklin and Johnson are both all pro right tackles. O’Neill has a ways to go before he gets there. 

Quite frankly, O’Neill would be lucky if he got Conklin’s deal. He certainly doesn’t have the resume that’s earned it. O’Neill is probably a lot closer to the talent level of La’el Collins, and he recently signed for $10M per year. 

I guess we'll wait and see what happens, since he's next in line, along with Harry.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

Was there any fans of Tamorrion Terry coming out?  Just saw he was let go by Seattle.  Probably a bad sign he got signed to the 90 and didn't even make it to the start of training camp. 

I remember him being hyped months prior to the draft. I wonder what his deal is..?

O'Neill is a good-very good OT. He won't get Ramczyk money but he won't be cheap in the least bit either I imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

The NFL has only officially counted player sacks since 1982, which means sack records and leaderboards present an incomplete history of pass rushing.   In the case of sacks, thanks to decades of research by John Turney and Nick Webster, we have a very thorough accounting of the statistic all the way back to 1960. Given that accounting for these 'unofficial' statistics allows us to paint a richer picture of the history of the game, we think it is a no-brainer to present them on Pro Football Reference, allowing fans to gain a deeper appreciation of some of football's biggest stars in the 1960s and 1970s. 

These additions allow us to print year-by-year and career sacks totals for not just legends such as Deacon Jones (173.5), Jack Youngblood (151.5), Alan Page (148.5), Carl Eller (133.5) and Joe Greene (77.5), but also for less recognized stars like Coy Bacon (130.5), Cedrick Hardman (122.5) and Jack Gregory (106.0) whose greatness and impact can now be more readily quantified.

https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2021/07/pre-1982-sacks-added-to-pro-football-reference/

This is so absolutely fantastic as it puts 5 Vikings in the top 20, with the additions of Page and Eller to the already present Doleman, Randle and Allen.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2021/07/pre-1982-sacks-added-to-pro-football-reference/

This is so absolutely fantastic as it puts 5 Vikings in the top 20, with the additions of Page and Eller to the already present Doleman, Randle and Allen.

And I didn't even notice that Jim Marshall was tied at 22nd...which would mean 6 in the top 25!

The instability of the offense has told you everything you know about the team under Zimmer. 

In an odd twist, last year from what I understand, that held defensively.  The problem was that they hardly ever got to 3rd down because they were so bad on on 1st and 2nd.