Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Earl Mitchell was cut earlier in the offseason in favor of D.J. Jones, who is a much better nose tackle. Armstead, as of right now, is playing on his 5th year option. He actually played really well last year at our strong-side, big end position, which is mainly responsible for stopping the run. He does fit in the scheme as a good run defender, but his future is murky because he doesn't provide much as a pass rusher anymore, so his value is limited. I'd much rather part with Armstead than Brieda. I can't find anything on Twitter from 49ers reporters, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the info! And the only people reporting it's the 9ers we are in talks with are some blogger that has 50 followers on Twitter and a random guy on Reddit that claims he has a source in the Vikings organization, so I wouldn't put much stock in those reports.

Wolfson is reliable, though, so I believe we are shopping Griffen.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

I agree.  I'd need a much higher pick or another player.

Everson at his age, off the field issues, and lack of production at his return really killed his trade value. Brieda + 6th is more than fair. We were never getting a 1st rounder for him right now.

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm fine with Brieda for Griffen. Cook is injury prone so it's nice getting a quality backup who's cheap. The biggest plus is cap relief

Yeah, Brieda is still cheap and pretty solid, but also just had an injury a couple weeks in a row I believe Deepest TE draft in years, plus some already solid and intriguing options available in Free Agency. He'd be stupid to think he'll get his current salary from anyone else.  Doesn't really block, doesn't stretch the field. 

10 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Thanks for the info! And the only people reporting it's the 9ers we are in talks with are some blogger that has 50 followers on Twitter and a random guy on Reddit that claims he has a source in the Vikings organization, so I wouldn't put much stock in those reports.

Wolfson is reliable, though, so I believe we are shopping Griffen.

Only reason anybody’s hopped on it was it was just hours before Wolfson said he believe Griffen is being shopped. 

I would be sad to see Everson traded, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them shopping him.  However, Breida does nothing for me.  I'd rather just take a 4th round pick straight-up than take Breida and a 6th.  RBs these days are a dime a dozen and he doesn't add anything unique to the roster.  

Edited by swede700

26 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I would be sad to see Everson traded, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them shopping him.  However, Breida does nothing for me.  I'd rather just take a 4th round pick straight-up than take Breida and a 6th.  RBs these days are a dime a dozen and he doesn't add anything unique to the roster.  

I agree. I'd rather take a 4th if that is on the table. Wouldn't be upset with either trade though.

53 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I’m sure the Vikings would too, but there is a good chance nothing like that is on the table. 

In reality they are probably just looking at a salary dump and if they can get something back for him they would be happy.

• Like 1

Guys I figured out the trade. Everson and pick #81 to the 9ers for pick #67. According to trade value chart that's worth about a middle 4th round pick. We move up to the third pick of the third round, they get a draft pick back and a pass rusher. Win win.

oh boy my dreams could come true. This could be a sly trick to grab him and put him on the roster.

ive wanted him since he came out.

if we move on from Wayne’s, there’s also a possibility to move on from Alexander next year. Would be some great depth in the slot and just a piece to move around.

i know it won’t be huge here, but I think it would help, and make me feel a little more confident about moving on from some pieces. Remember, when we are losing players via trade, free agency, we also will have to find ways to replace them. 

Rhodes, Hughes, Hill, Boddy-Calhoun, Alexander would be very solid 5 CB’s at a fairly cheap deal.

15 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

oh boy my dreams could come true. This could be a sly trick to grab him and put him on the roster.

ive wanted him since he came out.

if we move on from Wayne’s, there’s also a possibility to move on from Alexander next year. Would be some great depth in the slot and just a piece to move around.

i know it won’t be huge here, but I think it would help, and make me feel a little more confident about moving on from some pieces. Remember, when we are losing players via trade, free agency, we also will have to find ways to replace them. 

Rhodes, Hughes, Hill, Boddy-Calhoun, Alexander would be very solid 5 CB’s at a fairly cheap deal.

Him and Myrick duking it out for the last CB spot would be entertaining!

2 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Guys I figured out the trade. Everson and pick #81 to the 9ers for pick #67. According to trade value chart that's worth about a middle 4th round pick. We move up to the third pick of the third round, they get a draft pick back and a pass rusher. Win win.

As a niner's fan, I'd be okay with this trade if that's what it was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikestyle said:

I think Griffen is more valuable than 14 spots in the draft personally. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Not when teams know you’re moving him for a cap dump

Which I why I would rather them restructure him. I think we are overeating to him struggling at the end last year. He was going through some serious mental health challenges, came back and still managed 5 sacks. He is getting up there in age, but his first 4 years he was a rotational player. I think he has a good 2-3 years of solid play. 

37 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Which I why I would rather them restructure him. I think we are overeating to him struggling at the end last year. He was going through some serious mental health challenges, came back and still managed 5 sacks. He is getting up there in age, but his first 4 years he was a rotational player. I think he has a good 2-3 years of solid play. 

I mean obviously you'd rather get guys to stay for cheaper, but Wolfson has said both Griffen and Rudolph are not interested in restructuring. If that's the case, he's essentially forcing us to either trade him or cut him.

• Like 2