Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

31 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

At this point, I am less inclined to trade him. There really aren't any offensive lineman on the market that should require a large contract. 

Of course not, but really just signing any of them we will have to find cap room.

theoretically I would prefer to restructure some guys, but it always doesn’t work like that. 

Way I look at it is, they don’t want to make the whole team mad and start asking all of them to start taking pay cuts, even in Rudolph’s situation, and they possibly just don’t want to add any more years to Rudolph’s contract to lower his cap hit.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I wouldn't give him away. 

Give him away? No, but if it’s enough cap room saved to even bring in one veteran lineman, even if it’s Kline, I believe it would be worth it to trade him for a trade of picks in the back half of the draft. 

In reality a rookie could really really replicate his production he has done so far. 

If his productions stay the same, next year I don’t see too high of a comp pick we would be receiving.

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Average of $6M a year is pretty impressive for him. Actually surprises me quite a bit.

Very impressive. That's a huge contract for a guy who has started 17 games and has had 2 major injuries. Best of luck to him!

Edited by vikestyle
  • Like 1

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

In reality it should just protect Sheldons 3rd if we sign another FA guard.

Unless the guards they sign don't qualify (like Compton last year). But you're probably right, it does allow for 1 like Compton and another contract. 

• Like 1