Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Can't field an elite defense, great OL, $30m QB and have 3 receivers capable of putting up top 25 numbers. Seems far too unrealistic. At some point, sacrifices have to be made. Receivers are the first spot to look at given how much Cousins, Thielen and Diggs make. We're going to have to lean on cheap FAs, mid round draft picks, to fix everything else.

Sure ya can.  You draft a WR that's capable of stepping in if Diggs or Thielen get hurt and have the kid produce.  It's rare that a 3 WR set can have 3 guys actually produce 1,000 yards.  Last time I think it happened was the Cardinals with Palmer as QB.   Yes, the Vikes need to have an O-line that plays top 12 or better . . . goes without saying.  To me, that means they  need to spend 2 of their top 3 or 4 picks on OLine.  But, the other choices could go anywhere, WR being one of them.  Some experts show Hakeem Butler falling to the Vikes in Rd 2, but I find that highly unlikely.  Now, the two WRs from OH State?  They could work.  There are options, but right now, the Vikes are missing a WR that can lock down #3 and actually pressure Diggs and Thielen for the spotlight.  They need that threat.

San Francisco 49ers franchise kicker Robbie Gould says he has pulled the contract proposals he sent to the team and told the Niners that he will not negotiate or sign a long-term deal with them and wants to be traded.

Gould said Tuesday that if he reports at all, it will not be before the 49ers' Sept. 8 regular-season opener, making him a summer holdout.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26586979/kicker-gould-ditches-talks-wants-49ers

Trae Waynes & a 2019 2nd for Gould.

DO IT.

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Somebody remind that idiot that he's just a kicker

I literally sat here for a good 30 seconds wondering why you called me an idiot xD

I read your post as if you were saying "Why would you trade that much. He's just a kicker."

Buuuuuut I assume you were talking about Robbie being the idiot and that he's just a kicker. I hope?

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I literally sat here for a good 30 seconds wondering why you called me an idiot xD

I read your post as if you were saying "Why would you trade that much. He's just a kicker."

Buuuuuut I assume you were talking about Robbie being the idiot and that he's just a kicker. I hope?

LOL...yes. I was talking about Robbie.

Earlier this month, the NFL filed a trademark application for the Duluth Eskimos, and the league apparently plans to put the name to use.

"What this language means, in the trademark world, is this is the name of a football team," Gerben explains. "And in order for a trademark application to ultimately register, you must use the trademark for the services identified in the application. So it would be very odd for the NFL to have put this language in the application and not intend to actually have a team playing a game under this name."

The Eskimos also have a place in the Minnesota Vikings Museum and was a "top story" when the museum debuted. Erin Swartz, the Vikings brand and creative director, told the Duluth News Tribune the team was lobbying to wear a throwback jersey featuring the Eskimos for one of the team's games.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/why-vikings-play-as-duluth-eskimos-2019/1a10pg1vx48ex1c3urzui4vdiz

• Like 3