Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

The only autographs I've ever gotten myself are authors...and probably no one you've ever heard of...my getting their autograph probably made them feel good more than me!!  I do have a photograph of Stephon Diggs purportedly signed by him.  I got it at a charity auction.  I wouldn't stand in line for an autograph or pay money.  Frankly, I would be happy just shaking a players or coaches hand!

Surprise them next time by giving them your autograph.

As a kid, I had dozens of autographs. My prized possessions as a 5th or 6th grader were my two Kirby Puckett autographs. He was my idol. The first was when he came to my school as part of the Twins caravan thing. He took the time to sign it and then ask me how I was. Just had a way of making you feel like you were the only other kid in the room. 

The second one was the next year at a youth baseball camp he was participating in at the Metrodome. I was actually a very, very good baseball player all through my teenage years. We got to take like five or six BP swings each and some of the players were standing around talking. I drilled all of my pitches and the last one hit the left field wall. I turned around afterwards and Kirby and Gary Gaetti greeted me. Kirby says “heck of swing kid” and Gaetti said something similar. Kirby grabbed the bat (aluminum) out of my hands and signed it. Then Gaetti signed it. Wasn’t even my bat... That was easily a top 5 moment for me. 

I always enjoyed the autographs because it was a way to interact with pros. But yeah, no way I’m standing in line these days. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

For my wedding present last year my wife gave me an autographed Duke by Randy Moss. It is one of my most favorite things to look at in its case on my fireplace, definitely not about the money for a lot of collectors. 

Totally thought this said "in it's case in my fireplace."

I was like....what did Randy do to piss this guy off!

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't know if it was posted yet, but this is the 3 year analysis of our 2016 draft. It wasn't all bad except for Treadwell and Beavers.

https://www.foxsports.com/north/gallery/minnesota-vikings-2016-draft-grades-042319

I'm surprised David Morgan's grade isn't higher.

Beavers is amazingly enough still hanging around, now on his 5th team in 4 years.  xD

• 2 weeks later...

The NFL has suspended Vikings running back Roc Thomas for three games for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. He is allowed to participate in training camp and the preseason.

Thomas admitted to felony marijuana possession in May but was sentenced to probation, with the charge dismissed if he completes conditions of the probationary term. Those include a chemical dependency evaluation and possible treatment; no alcohol or drug use; and random testing.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/16/nfl-suspends-roc-thomas-three-games/