Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I saw this thread as a hot topic, saw the top post on this page mentioning needing another receiver and instantly assumed Diggs or Thielen went down. Woah baby I'm relieved!

I hope Doctson can help down the stretch and that Beebe/Johnson can fill his void.

What about signing someone like Robison or Garçon? Both know the offense somewhat and both have played with Cousins before.

1 minute ago, vikings209 said:

What about signing someone like Robison or Garçon? Both know the offense somewhat and both have played with Cousins before.

I personally just believe Garçons career is done. He has too much talent, and was basically a WR1 when healthy. Teams must just not think he is healthy enough in a talent trumps all league. 

32 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

I think regardless, they need to find a reliable vet to come in. If Diggs or Thielen go down, we are looking at Bisi Johnson on the outside in 3 WR sets. 

I'm fine with throwing Bisi into the fire.  You gotta learn somehow.  Diggs was thrown into the fire his rookie season and took a bunch of snaps from Jarius Wright and Charles Johnson after they were slightly injured prior to Week 4.  He never looked back.  It's time we begin to have faith in the WR coach to develop these players.  He ain't George Stewart.  Petzing has been here awhile now.  

Edited by swede700

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm fine with throwing Bisi into the fire.  You gotta learn somehow.  Diggs was thrown into the fire his rookie season and took a bunch of snaps from Jarius Wright and Charles Johnson after they were slightly injured prior to Week 4.  He never looked back.  It's time we begin to have faith in the WR coach to develop these players.  He ain't George Stewart.  Petzing has been here awhile now.  

Diggs was much more polished coming out than Bisi Johnson. Johnson looked good in the preseason but to ask him to start tomorrow if Diggs or Thielen go down with injury, I’m not confident he’s ready. MN needs a veteran backup WR, I think they make a more for one come Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I think it was a conditional 7th.

It was a conditional 7th and we don't know what the condition was. It is possible that the condition was him making the opening day 53 man roster. It is also possible that the condition was him being on the 53 man roster still at the end of September, at week 10, at the end of the season, or any other point in time. It could have been conditioned on him taking a certain number of snaps, being on the active 46 for a certain number of games, or something else. We just don't know.

So, it is possible the trade cost the Vikings a 7th round pick. It is still possible that they'll bring him back next week and that 7th round pick will prove to be spent well. I don't know.

22 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I can't find anything on the actual conditions in the quick search I did. I think it is important to remember that even if the conditions were/are met it was a 2021 7th, not a 2020 7th.

Because it has never been reported.  But, I suspect that the condition wasn't simply to make the 53-man roster (as @Cearbhall suggested), because the trade was consummated on cut-down day.  It likely had to be multiple games, so in the end, they'll have given up nothing...the Chiefs were willing to trade him because he wasn't going to make their roster either, so it's no loss for them.