Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

I suspect that the condition wasn't simply to make the 53-man roster (as @Cearbhall suggested)

Apologies. I didn't mean to suggest that making the 53 man roster was the condition. I meant to spell out a wide range of possibilities to suggest that we didn't know whether it cost the team a 7th round pick. The reason I wanted to do that is because there was a comment that he costed the Vikings a 7th round pick.

I did not know then and I do not know now what the condition was. My only intention was to to provide a rebuttal to the narrative that he cost the Vikings a 7th round pick, not to suggest I had any idea on the specifics of what the condition actually was.

• Like 1

Peter King✔@peter_king

Gut feel, Ramsey landing spots:
1 Phl: Roseman unafraid, can offer 1+3+SJones.
2 Sea: Schneider unafraid, major CB need.
3 KC: Reid unafraid of big chances.
4 Bal: DeCosta unafraid but loves building thru draft.
-
Look for trading team to talk to agent 1st+try for long-term deal.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

really? you don't think that's too much?

Nope. Although I don’t think you’d need to give up that much. 

A trade for Ramsey isn’t going to be as much about compensation for the Jaguars, but more so the compensation for Ramsey. 

No team is going to trade for Ramsey without having some parameters for a new deal in place. 

Edited by SemperFeist

57 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

An aging, expensive, frequently nicked up corner for an all pro corner on a rookie deal? I don't think so.

Yeah...but, a first round pick when we might be looking to draft a QB??

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Cross that bridge when you get there. Bird in the hand and all that stuff, right?

This is my exact thoughts! Besides, how many qbs are going to drop to us when we draft middle to late(being realistic/optimistic) when you have so many qb needy teams in the top 5-10 picks this year.

I'd rather spend a 1st on a known commodity vs an unknown. Rhodes and a 1st for Ramsey would be well worth the price of admission!

• Like 2

Mike Zimmer already is in his sixth season as Minnesota’s head coach. He hopes to go for at least six more.

Zimmer, who turned 63 in June, says in an NFL Network interview with Tom Pelissero that he wants to coach at least until he’s 70.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/19/mike-zimmer-plans-to-coach-until-hes-at-least-70/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

really? you don't think that's too much?

There's a ton of local podcasts and and rumors that people are pushing this. A lot of people feel like Rhodes isn't the same player and we're crazy for not offering him not while he has value and a 1st which most likely will not be early and could be a bust for the best corner in football whose 24 years old. I personally like Rhodes and don't know enough about Jaylen Ramsey to make an educated decision. But I will say another thing that they were saying is that they would trade Rhodes and a 1st but not Trae Waynes and a first. Very weird and interesting situation for me and I feel like there's so much interest that somebody will pay a boatload.

• Like 2