Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, Krauser said:

He's not, though.

He was terrible in 2012 (week 17 game replacing Winfield vs GB) and 2013. But he was pretty good under Zimmer in his limited usage, and also in preseason. 

Anything is better than Meadors. I understand getting beat by playing soft at the end of the game, but he looked lost and uninterested on that last drive

1 hour ago, byuvike88 said:

Anything is better than Meadors. I understand getting beat by playing soft at the end of the game, but he looked lost and uninterested on that last drive

I feel like he might have been thinking to much. I don't know his history, but he's getting his first playing time in the NFL and if he's not real sure on his assignments he will be slow to react. He's not ready to get meaningful snaps but Zimmer must see something in him for the future

50 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I feel like he might have been thinking to much. I don't know his history, but he's getting his first playing time in the NFL and if he's not real sure on his assignments he will be slow to react. He's not ready to get meaningful snaps but Zimmer must see something in him for the future

Oh no doubt. But that's exactly what the PS is for

15 hours ago, Krauser said:

He's not, though.

He was terrible in 2012 (week 17 game replacing Winfield vs GB) and 2013. But he was pretty good under Zimmer in his limited usage, and also in preseason. 

That may be on an overall scale, but it seems that he's the complete opposite of Anthony Harris.  While Harris seemed to make big plays every time he was on the field, Sherels seemed to give up a big play or 2 every time he was on the field.  

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

That may be on an overall scale, but it seems that he's the complete opposite of Anthony Harris.  While Harris seemed to make big plays every time he was on the field, Sherels seemed to give up a big play or 2 every time he was on the field.  

Well sure, Sherels is a bottom of the depth chart guy, not an above average starter like Harris.

He’s hardly played under Zimmer. Most of his snaps have been in garbage time playing prevent defense. He had a handful of snaps in the 2016 Panthers game, where he did well (3 targets, no receptions, a pass broken up in the end zone), and in the 2018 Patriots game, where he did give up a 24 yard completion. 

I don’t expect him to play much if at all, especially if Alexander is back soon. In the meantime, Kearse would play ahead of him in the slot, and Hughes and Boyd outside. He might get into a blowout late, like Meadors did in the Raiders game, but he won’t play otherwise unless there are more injuries.

I’m sure he was signed because he’s no worse as a CB6 than Meadors or Fields, and he can return punts and cover punts and kicks.

29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

This tells you everything you need to know about why Laquon has never delivered on his promise...

One of the many reasons why I want nothing to do with Treadwell. Add a player who is hungry on the practice squad. Anyone from the PS or any other teams practice squad is better than a player who the coach feels is disinterested in the job and severely lacks talent to compensate.  We’ve seen extremely talented athletes coast and still be really good pros, but Treadwell just doesn’t have that ability.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Having something that you’ve always taken for granted taken away from you can motivate a lot of people. 

A player on the PS may be motivated, but if they still don’t know their assignments, or where to line up, then they are useless. 

I definitely agree. Also, with our current situation this move just made too much sense. I'm no Treadwell fan, but he knows the offense which will be an easier transition than any guy from outside the organization and he can be an asset blocking. This is a move that provides breathing room, time to focus on our game this week, and time to evaluate what other options we have to fill out the depth chart at WR. If Diggs and Thielen were to go down, we are in a lot of trouble, and that is whether Treadwell is on the roster or not. Right now, he is an easy plug and play/known asset that we can use. Unless anyone wanted to go out and sign Antonio Brown for a week, I think Treadwell was the easiest choice.

• Like 2

With Chad Beebe on injured reserve, the Vikings had only three receivers on the roster. Laquon Treadwell’s return moved the total back to four. Today, Davion Davis was elevated from the practice squad to push the number to five. To make room for Davis, the Vikings waived cornerback Nate Meadors.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/28/vikings-elevate-davion-davis-from-practice-squad/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

With Chad Beebe on injured reserve, the Vikings had only three receivers on the roster. Laquon Treadwell’s return moved the total back to four. Today, Davion Davis was elevated from the practice squad to push the number to five. To make room for Davis, the Vikings waived cornerback Nate Meadors.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/28/vikings-elevate-davion-davis-from-practice-squad/

Makes sense. Teams really need to carry 5 at a minimum. I don’t think Meadors is ready for a spot in the roster, probably isn’t a loss there with Sherels returning. 

• Like 1