Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think we used an all yellow/gold uniform on a Thursday night game last year? Year before?

I can't find evidence of it, but it's possible...the Rams wore gold uniforms and the Jaguars wore the most god-awful mustard yellow uniforms.  

On 10/9/2019 at 8:20 AM, swede700 said:

I can't find evidence of it, but it's possible...the Rams wore gold uniforms and the Jaguars wore the most god-awful mustard yellow uniforms.  

They wore them in 2016 against the Cowboys. The game Mike Zimmer missed

usatsi_9716214.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1&zo

Edited by byuvike88

Rams just traded two 1st round picks and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey.  

Not sure the Vikings should make a bold move like that but say they did.  Two 1st round picks and a 4th for Ramsey?  Would not be the worst thing in the world but they also could never pay him long term either.  The Vikings would have to trade someone else in the mix for another player.

Honestly though I would trade the Vikings 2020 1st round pick and Riley Reiff for Trent Williams.  Is a little steep but could be worth it and would potentially make the Vikings line a lot better if Williams is healthy.

48 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Rams just traded two 1st round picks and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey.  

Not sure the Vikings should make a bold move like that but say they did.  Two 1st round picks and a 4th for Ramsey?  Would not be the worst thing in the world but they also could never pay him long term either.  The Vikings would have to trade someone else in the mix for another player.

Honestly though I would trade the Vikings 2020 1st round pick and Riley Reiff for Trent Williams.  Is a little steep but could be worth it and would potentially make the Vikings line a lot better if Williams is healthy.

Trading that much for renting Ramsey is crazy. It will be interesting to see how it turns out for the Rams. There is no way I would make a trade like that.

On the other hand, I would trade Reiff and a first for Trent Williams assuming Williams is in playing shape. I would want to have a look at him first to verify that because he hasn't been on the field for a long time.  Williams is a bit old for a first round pick but good LTs are just that valuable.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t see the appeal for trading a high pick for Williams. He’s over 30 and has injury concerns. He might be a nice option for a year or two, and I’d maybe part with a third at most (and Reiff) but a first or second round pick, not happening.

Fair points indeed. I can get over the age but I also wouldn't part with a first round pick for him without being able to alleviate the injury concerns. There is no way the team should do it without being able to evaluate that.