Heimdallr

Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t see the appeal for trading a high pick for Williams. He’s over 30 and has injury concerns. He might be a nice option for a year or two, and I’d maybe part with a third at most (and Reiff) but a first or second round pick, not happening.

If those one or two seasons are THE Super Bowl window for players currently on the Vikings roster, it might be worth it.  He would be an upgrade over Reiff.

If RIck has no plans to upgrade the QB this coming draft ... might as well upgrade the LT ... while this defense is still together and going relatively strong.

7 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

If those one or two seasons are THE Super Bowl window for players currently on the Vikings roster, it might be worth it.  He would be an upgrade over Reiff.

I guess I don’t see why there is a window that’s closing. It’s not like we’ve got a franchise QB who’s nearing retirement and I trust a Zimmer led team to always churn out talent on defense. The Vikes aren’t built around one player.

Edited by vikingsrule

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I guess I don’t see why there is a window that’s closing. It’s not like we’ve got a franchise QB who’s nearing retirement and I trust a Zimmer les team to always churn out talent on defense. The Vikes aren’t built around one player.

I never said that the Vikings were built around one player.  I realize that Cousins is not the franchise QB, but what if he stays hot this year and next year?  We have a lot of talent on this squad now who are probably at their peak production...i.e. Barr, Smith, Waynes, Thielen, Diggs.  A nagging injury to any one of them could start the beginning of their decline.  So much can happen to roster in a year...I'm just wondering if an upgrade a LT would help Elflein or whoever is playing LG and thus give Cousins a little more security in the pocket?  If the addition of a solid LT helps the team reach the SB, even if that player is only there a year or two, I'm for it.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:39 PM, Virginia Viking said:

Williams isn’t going anywhere. Dan Snyder and Allen are hell bent on proving they’re more important than players. Worst ownership in all of sports. 

Here's the reference to earlier in another thread someone mentioned about Davis possibly being called up...

According to multiple reports, the police report states Kearse was spotted pulling his car onto a closed section of a highway around 3:40 a.m. Sunday morning. Kearse was pulled over and police officers suspected he was drunk. Kearse was found to have a blood alcohol content of 1.0 and a loaded firearm was found in his car.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/27/jayron-kearse-arrested-for-dwi-possession-of-a-firearm-without-a-permit/

"nothing good happens to NFL players after midnight", did you not get the memo...?

I didn't know that it was even possible to get it that high. Did he at least realize that he shouldn't be driving so he tried pulling over?

Hill is coming back so Hughes and Alexander should be able to handle the slot. It'll be a loss on special teams though. Maybe Wilson will get some playing time when they want a bigger nickel

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how many drinks does it take to get a 215 pound man to 1.0 BAC...?

It depends. There's factors involved besides person size.

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I didn't know that it was even possible to get it that high. Did he at least realize that he shouldn't be driving so he tried pulling over?

I got a .116 when I got a minor at age 20 up in St. Cloud.

Not too hard to accomplish.