Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I know WHY they do it but that's why I always hated content from the Vikings like that. You learn nothing from the mailbags or the player/coach interviews, etc. It's just a bunch of, like you said, vague answers and coach/player speak to generic questions.

I kinda get it too.  As an official employee of the team, you wouldn't want to make it seem like they are playing favorites or anything like that.  But, if that's all the answers you're going to give you might as well do away with the mailbags all together 

15 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Well, that is that. Sendejo was cut and with that the compensatory pick goes up in smoke. I can't say I am surprised the Eagles made the move.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/05/eagles-waive-veteran-safety-andrew-sendejo/

The Vikings could cut Stephen to get a 6th round pick for the Nick Easton loss. I would rather have the DT right now.

2 years in a row this happens to us. Another year Philly finds a way to screw us over.

16 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Wonder why they canned him.

If I were a betting man, I’d say that it had something to do with his strong political beliefs. 

There have been numerous times in the past few years where Wobby has let his political beliefs spill over into his professional accounts, namely Twitter. And on multiple occasions he’s gotten very argumentative, and even hostile towards followers who disagreed with his opinion. 

I’m betting that he let his argumentative nature and hostility get the better of him somewhere in the work place. Which would lead to an abrupt departure. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If I were a betting man, I’d say that it had something to do with his strong political beliefs. 

There have been numerous times in the past few years where Wobby has let his political beliefs spill over into his professional accounts, namely Twitter. And on multiple occasions he’s gotten very argumentative, and even hostile towards followers who disagreed with his opinion. 

I’m betting that he let his argumentative nature and hostility get the better of him somewhere in the work place. Which would lead to an abrupt departure. 

That's my suspicion considering some of the things that were posted on Twitter yesterday,  As he was using his professional account, that's a big no-no considering the public profile of the team.  He's fair to believe what he wants, even as ridiculous as it is, but you can't post that using your professional account.

27 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's my suspicion considering some of the things that were posted on Twitter yesterday,  As he was using his professional account, that's a big no-no considering the public profile of the team.  He's fair to believe what he wants, even as ridiculous as it is, but you can't post that using your professional account.

Politics and religion are two topics you stay the hell away from when you're in a position like Wobby.

No matter what you say, you're going to piss off half the population.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Don’t like that procedure in the comp formula, they really should be looking at rosters on final cutdown to determine comp picks, not halfway through the year when a team already gets a half season of use out of a player.

Not really a fan of it either but that's just the way it is. Only getting burned for a 7th this year as compared to a 3rd last year (Bradford).

28 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Politics and religion are two topics you stay the hell away from when you're in a position like Wobby.

No matter what you say, you're going to piss off half the population.

Seems that being civil is all but lost thanks to social media and the mainstream media. Can’t agree to disagree anymore. 

As we saw with Kaepernick and Tebow, who are in similar positions as Wobschall, as spokesmen for their teams, you’re better off not discussing those topics. I don’t follow Wobby nor am I on Twitter, so I don’t know what he said but he’s got to be careful. Look at the Browns player who was cut for going off on fans giving him crap. 

Perhaps these men were just terrible at their jobs and weren’t worth the distraction.

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t follow Wobby nor am I on Twitter, so I don’t know what he said but he’s got to be careful

I don’t think it’s based on something, specifically, he said on Twitter. He hasn’t posted much in recent weeks. 

Which is why, with the abruptness of his departure, I’m guessing something got said or happened in the work place.