Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

what's it mean when a man as big as Floyd doesn't have a quad muscle "firing?"

other than someone is getting sued obviously.

Whenever you try to move a muscle, your brain sends a signal through a nerve to the muscle which "fires" the muscle and makes it contract. In this case the nerve was damaged, so the command from the brain never gets to the muscle, and it doesn't contract.

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so can the dude walk? or does he just drag a leg behind him?

Tough to say without knowing exactly which nerve(s) were damaged. The quadriceps is a collection of different muscles, so even if one isn't firing I'm sure he could still walk. 

It appears Michael Jordan has jumped on the Vikings’ bandwagon.

Jordan is good friends with former Vikings wide receiver Ahmad Rashad, and the two live across the street from one another in Jupiter, Fla. Rashad said Tuesday they will be watching Minnesota’s Thanksgiving game at Detroit on televisions.

“I have turned Michael Jordan into a Vikings fan,” Rashad said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/21/ahmad-rashad-i-have-turned-michael-jordan-into-a-vikings-fan/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we are getting some representation for pro bowl votes. The game means next to nothing, but its more so for the recognition.

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Case-Keenum-Riley-Reiff-aside-Minnesota-Vikings-well-represented-in-Pro-Bowl-balloting-111425405

I'm hoping none of our players can make it this season though. ?

41 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I believe it. 5 road wins in a row is a tough order.

When you have a smart, well-coached team, a team that can reliably convert on 3rd down, that doesn't turn the ball over, then you have the formula for success on the road.  This team is no one trick pony!

Sometimes the untold story isn't necessarily the whole story.  That's the lesson of a piece we recently ran about the origins of the Minnesota Vikings' uniforms. 

The piece generated a lot of positive response. But there were also some Vikings fans who got in touch with what might best be described as counter-narratives -- stories that contradicted the one I had presented. These counter-narratives had not turned up in my original reporting, so I went back and began digging deeper.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21703242/how-untold-story-whole-story-vikings-uniforms-history

If you didn't read the first story, there is a link to it in there as well.  It's an absolutely fascinating look into the history of the Vikings' colors, logo and uniform.