Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

17 hours ago, swede700 said:

According to this, it appears that the Vikings are in the neighborhood of one of the best teams, as their offense is pretty darn good and their defense is about average to slightly above average.  .  

That looks pretty damn accurate imo. I'd have the Titans higher but I get not counting on Tannehil continuing to play this well.

Edited by KOTN-93

During the Rams debacle last night I made mention of how much money they have tied up in the top players of their team, which was quite a lot. So with that in mind I decided to look at the entire NFL and see just how much each team has invested in salary cap dollars in 2020 just on the top 5 players on their roster. I also wanted to see how flexible teams are in that regard so to do that I wanted to look at how much teams could save by releasing any of those top players.

cap-charge-vs-savings.png

The top right means you have big money invested at the top but a lot of flexibility.

https://overthecap.com/top-roster-salary-cap-charges-vs-cap-space-in-2020/

• Like 1

The biggest cap savings, if the team were to cut a player are:

Everson Griffen - $13.1M

Linval Joseph - $10.5M

Harrison Smith - $8.7M

Xavier Rhodes - $8.1M

So, any combination of cutting/renegotiating those players, along with deciding whether to extend Kirk or not, will be among the primary discussions in the offseason...hopefully, it'll not be until February before we have to discuss it extensively here.  ^_^

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Everson Griffen - $13.1M

Linval Joseph - $10.5M

Harrison Smith - $8.7M

Xavier Rhodes - $8.1M

So, any combination of cutting/renegotiating those players, along with deciding whether to extend Kirk or not, will be among the primary discussions in the offseason...hopefully, it'll not be until February before we have to discuss it extensively here.  ^_^

I think the Vikings will save several million dollars against the cap via adjustments to the cap numbers of some of those four. They will also save several million more cap dollars by extending Kirk Cousins contract.  There is no shortage of places they can invest those millions of cap dollars. It is better to have too many good players to pay than to not have enough good players so I am not going to complain too much about that. Some of the Vikings good players will find there way to nice contracts with other teams; that is great for them. The Vikings will need to get some solid play out of players on rookie contracts. That is the way of the NFL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Everson Griffen - $13.1M

Linval Joseph - $10.5M

Harrison Smith - $8.7M

Xavier Rhodes - $8.1M

Griffen: Restructure
Linval: Restructure......maybe cut pending what you do in the draft
Smith: Fine with that for another season
Rhodes: Cut

Then give Kirk $184 mil guaranteed over 5 seasons. Bada Bing, Bada Boom....SUPER BOWL.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-changes-bills-steelers-kickoff-time-in-week-15-as-buffalo-gets-flexed-into-rare-sunday-night-appearance/

Well we're out of playing this game in primetime  late afternoon kickoff but on CBS instead of FOX.

Not surprised in the least, considering how disappointing the Chargers have been.