Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

15 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

Holton Hill with just a friendly reminder that you can't count on him and anything you get out of him is just a bonus.

We all want to move on from Rhodes and Hill is supposed to be one of the reasons why but we just cant count on him, we still need to move on from Rhodes regardless but we definitely need to bring in some serious talent to that room.

Which is why taking a CB early needs to be as pressing of a need as OL. Are we really going into the year with Hughes and Hill as the starters on the boundary knowing Rhodes is terrible and Waynes is overpriced.

• Like 1

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Which is why taking a CB early needs to be as pressing of a need as OL. Are we really going into the year with Hughes and Hill as the starters on the boundary knowing Rhodes is terrible and Waynes is overpriced.

I'm still not confident that one needs to be taken early unless Mackensie, Waynes and Rhodes are all gone.  I expect Boyd to take a big leap in Year 2 (as Vikings' CBs usually do).  I still think they certainly need to take multiple ones in the draft, but unless they have the ability of Hughes, they aren't going to be a factor in Year 1 anyway, so what would be the point?  DL and OL are going to take priority over a CB in any scenario.  

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm not trading Cook unless we're offered a 1st, maybe a 2nd rounder. With that being said I'm letting him walk and taking the comp pick after his rookie deal.

Why not take a second round pick now? I’d be happy with that. Cook proved down the stretch that he’s not worthy of being grouped in that top class of RBs. He very clearly needs an OL, therefore, why not just invest heavily in the OL and lean on Mattison, Boone and whatever you can add in the draft?

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Why not take a second round pick now? I’d be happy with that. Cook proved down the stretch that he’s not worthy of being grouped in that top class of RBs. He very clearly needs an OL, therefore, why not just invest heavily in the OL and lean on Mattison, Boone and whatever you can add in the draft?

I really can't argue with a 2nd if a team was willing to part with one. Especially if my intent is to walk away anyways.