Jump to content
Heimdallr

Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Britton Colquitt coming back at 3 years, 9 million per Shefty. 

5th highest paid punter..... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

5th highest paid punter..... 

 

Great deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With more moves coming, the next obvious one is Riley Reiff. Outside of that i wouldnt mind cutting bait with Stephen & restructuring a few players like Rudolph or Barr. 

Even then, im not sure they can even cut RR without some sort of backup plan. I mean i guess it would be moving Brian O'Neil to LT, but im not in favor of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking\hoping they are trying to deal RR in a trade, and if it doesn't get done, they'll cut bait on him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Reiff isn’t going anywhere lol

Who are they going to replace him with? Reiff is an average OT making average OT money. Sure, cutting him would save some cap room, but you’d just end up spending more trying to find his replacement, and likely at a downgrade. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Reiff isn’t going anywhere lol

Who are they going to replace him with? Reiff is an average OT making average OT money. Sure, cutting him would save some cap room, but you’d just end up spending more trying to find his replacement, and likely at a downgrade. 

Not necessarily. I'm not gonna say I agree with all of what i'm saying, but if they believe they can get a friendly deal done with Rashod Hill and supplement with Oli Udoh, O'Niell, and a draft pick, then they could potentially save a good hunk of money and possibly not see too huge of a drop off, if any. It depends on what you think we can get in the draft, how you view Hill, how you think Udoh will develop, and O'Niell's ability to possibly move to LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a ton of movement yet (I know it's super early) on the DT/NT front. Lots of talent out there on the interior D-Line in FA. I wouldn't be surprised to see Linval come back on a more friendly deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Not necessarily. I'm not gonna say I agree with all of what i'm saying, but if they believe they can get a friendly deal done with Rashod Hill and supplement with Oli Udoh, O'Niell, and a draft pick, then they could potentially save a good hunk of money and possibly not see too huge of a drop off, if any. It depends on what you think we can get in the draft, how you view Hill, how you think Udoh will develop, and O'Niell's ability to possibly move to LT.

Hill is a downgrade from Reiff no matter how you look at it, and signing him to be your starter isn’t going to save you much, if any of the $8M you’d get for letting Reiff go. 

Udoh is a complete unknown. That would be a huge risk for a team that still sees its window as being open. 

And you’re not going to cut your starting LT in hopes that you can find something in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Hill is a downgrade from Reiff no matter how you look at it, and signing him to be your starter isn’t going to save you much, if any of the $8M you’d get for letting Reiff go. 

Udoh is a complete unknown. That would be a huge risk for a team that still sees its window as being open. 

And you’re not going to cut your starting LT in hopes that you can find something in the draft. 

We've seen crazier stuff. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Sounds like Weatherly is going to the Panthers on a 2 year, $12.5M deal.

This will likely end up counting at the 6th round level in the compensatory formula. That is a good return to get some decent play out of a 7th rounder and then 6th round compensatory considerations after the rookie deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Sounds like Weatherly is going to the Panthers on a 2 year, $12.5M deal.

I don’t think it’s a big loss. Unless Griffen isn’t part of the equation. I’d expect Mn to look for Westherly’s replacement in the middle of the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

 

ant is just the new diggs 

Here we go Trent Williams and a pick for Harris and Reiff??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×