Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

For the projected cuts list, I'm somewhat surprised by Sirles getting cut. I would think that if it was between him and Beavers, Sirles would get the nod because he has experience at LG, RG, and RT with some relative success or ability as a backup. Maybe Beavers has just done that much better this camp.

i would also think that we'd keep Exum over Price at CB just because Exum has looked decent as a nickel and Price has generally been blah.

• Like 1

I'd go:

Sirles over Beavers due to position versatility.

Exum over Price for position versatility and he's been opportunistic when he's played.

Harris Jr over Tacho because I think he's flat out better.

Stephen over Bradley because I know nothing of the second guy.

Keenum and Lamur being cut wouldn't be that surprising.

I haven't followed TC, so I can't enter this discussion with any insight.  But I'd be curious to learn why, if it happens, that a surprise cut happens.  There always seems to be one or more surprise cuts.  But we rarely know why until it happens, and sometimes we don't learn why.  Q to 'Training Camp Junkies'; who might be a surprise cut, and why?

One surprise cut could be the 3rd QB. If Bridgewater goes on the PUP list, we could see the team save a roster spot by only carrying 2 quarterbacks into the season. We haven't seen Zimmer carry less than 3 quarterbacks yet, so that would be the surprise. But if Heinicke beats out Case Keenum for the #2 role, which some have suggested is possible, he's no longer the "developmental" quarterback. And with Heinicke the #2, there really wouldn't be a reason to keep Keenum. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

One surprise cut could be the 3rd QB. If Bridgewater goes on the PUP list, we could see the team save a roster spot by only carrying 2 quarterbacks into the season. We haven't seen Zimmer carry less than 3 quarterbacks yet, so that would be the surprise. But if Heinicke beats out Case Keenum for the #2 role, which some have suggested is possible, he's no longer the "developmental" quarterback. And with Heinicke the #2, there really wouldn't be a reason to keep Keenum. 

Assuming TB goes on the PUP, keeping only 2 QBs on the active roster is, essentially, keeping 3 QBs (i.e. TB is the developmental QB).  Yes? No?

I did finally get through the entire episode this morning (sometimes if they are good episodes, I will listen to the entire one, which may take a couple of days).  I did hear the slight, but it's not a huge deal.  I think he just has a high respect for Shurmur, since he knows him so well...and especially his ability to be flexible, which Norv certainly was not.

50 minutes ago, Klomp said:

BTW back to the PA conversation from another thread.

I notice a totally different PA when Ben Leber is with him compared to when it's Charch or Wobby. Much more tolerable to listen to.

I agree with that...I never take any of the conversations with Wobby all that seriously (especially that one).  I imagine it has more to do with the relationship between them.  He is certainly far better friends with Wobby and Charch off-the-air, so that's going to be more evident in their conversations on-air.