Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

On Saturday the Vikings announced that the club has signed free agent RB Bronson Hill, and waived (injured) RB Bishop Sankey.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-Free-Agent-RB-Bronson-Hill/b077f9a0-57bd-43c6-8ee3-b65b614b1503

Not a significant signing, but maybe he makes our PS if he does well.

I guess that means Cobb didn't make the team?

Former 49ers cornerback Tramaine Brock has been cleared of domestic violence chargers and will begin visiting NFL teams to find his next employer. Brock’s first visit is setup with the Vikings’ Friday night opponent, the Seattle Seahawks, but sources have linked Brock to the purple as well.

http://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/15/vikings-linked-to-former-49ers-cb-tramaine-brock/

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not sure he's needed. Newman is the depth CB, assuming Alexander is the nickel. 

Brock would essentially be a healthy scratch every week barring injury.

I think your underestimating how good Brock is. Probably could come in a start ahead of Waynes on the outside. Hard to say that with how much of a fan I am of Waynes, but Brock is dang good.

Most likely situation is Brock if he would of ended up here is he would be our #1 slot corner leaving Alexander being a scratch.

If it wasn't for the domestic violence situation he would of ended up with a pretty hefty contract.