Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Why another QB? Or why Leidner?

4th preseason game is typically QB3 and QB4. Last year it was Joel Stave and Brad Sorensen, and they signed Sorensen in mid-August. This year they didn't have a QB4 behind Heinicke so they added one.

Yup, I'd guess this is why. You definitely won't see Sam in that game. And possibly not Keenum either, if he's wrapped up the backup spot like many believe.

20 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

If they need another arm for practice sessions, J McKinnon was a QB in college until his last year or two.  Must be more to it than just that.

"in college" (not to mention being QB in a triple option really isn't the type of QB you want to run through practice)

How is McKinnon going to take the 3rd team RB snaps if he's needing to fill in at QB in your plan?

11 minutes ago, Klomp said:

"in college" (not to mention being QB in a triple option really isn't the type of QB you want to run through practice)

How is McKinnon going to take the 3rd team RB snaps if he's needing to fill in at QB in your plan?

He would practice as a RB 3rd team whenever he isn't practicing as QB4.  I don't think QB4 would ALWAYS be active on the practice field.  Or, they'd give priority to him practicing as a RB over a QB4 role. 

It's only until TH returns to practice. 

Signing a QB off the street has very little advantage, other than familiarity in case one or more QBs are injured during the season.

4 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

He would practice as a RB 3rd team whenever he isn't practicing as QB4.  I don't think QB4 would ALWAYS be active on the practice field.  Or, they'd give priority to him practicing as a RB over a QB4 role. 

Signing a QB off the street has very little advantage, other than familiarity in case one or more QBs are injured during the season.

Umm....count the QBs. If McKinnon was practicing as QB4 until Heinicke got back from injury, who would be the QB3 after Bradford and Keenum? Remember, Heinicke's hurt. So who else is there?

This isn't about advantages. It's about having enough players to practice.

7 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Sorry, that is just not the way it works at pretty much any level of football. 

Edited by Snake Plissken

16 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Umm....count the QBs. If McKinnon was practicing as QB4 until Heinicke got back from injury, who would be the QB3 after Bradford and Keenum? Remember, Heinicke's hurt. So who else is there?

This isn't about advantages. It's about having enough players to practice.

OK, QB3, if you are only counting QBs involved in practice with contact.  I assumed you knew TB was QB2 or QB3, despite not being involved in contact drills.