Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

keep an eye on these four players... same route as Marcus Sherels, Adam Thielen, and CJ Ham

So now Stanton is a FB?  He was initially listed as a QB, then he was listed as a TE later in the day...and now this?  What's he going to be come training camp?  OG?  

Edited by disaacs

Beebe played in 44 games at Northern Illinois and led the team in 2017 with a 14.9 yards per reception average. The Buffalo, New York native totaled 64 receptions for 930 yards and 3 TDs during his collegiate career. He also contributed as a return man and ranks in the top-10 in program history in punt returns (48) and punt return yards (329).

James finished out his college career at Southern Illinois, earning Mountain Valley Football Conference All-Newcomer Team honors in 2016, after two years at the University of Minnesota (2014-15). In 2017, he recorded two interceptions, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery while accumulating 37 total tackles.

Stanton, a quarterback in college, will transition to fullback with the Vikings. The Las Vegas native attended Nebraska out of high school before transferring to Saddleback College and eventually ending his career at UNLV. He earned junior college All-America honors while at Saddleback and helped the team to the California Community College Football Coaches Association State Championship game.

Taylor earned back-to-back All-American honors while finishing his career at Western Illinois and was named Phil Steele’s FCS Defensive Player of the Year. He led the Leathernecks with 162 total tackles in 2017 while racking up 13 TFL and 1.5 sacks.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-4-Players-Following-Rookie-Minicamp/a3e978fa-ddd9-4356-8b8a-bf33955949dd?sf189005177=1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Beebe played in 44 games at Northern Illinois and led the team in 2017 with a 14.9 yards per reception average. The Buffalo, New York native totaled 64 receptions for 930 yards and 3 TDs during his collegiate career. He also contributed as a return man and ranks in the top-10 in program history in punt returns (48) and punt return yards (329).

son of Bills former wr Don Beebe...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqGNTUQSuPM

As of yesterday, free agents that are gained and lost by teams across the National Football League will no longer affect potential Compensatory selections for the 2019 NFL Draft. Now that the deadline has passed, the folks from Over the Cap have their final projection of where all of the NFL teams stand as far as their potential Compensatory picks are concerned, and it appears to be good news for the Minnesota Vikings.

According to OTC, the Vikings are still projected to receive the maximum number of four Compensatory picks in the 2019 selection process. While nobody knows exactly what the formula for figuring Compensatory picks is, the folks from OTC seem to have a pretty solid handle on it, as they accurately projected nearly all of the Compensatory selections that were given out last season.

Per the projection, the Vikings are set to receive one third-round Compensatory pick (for the loss of quarterback Case Keenum), one sixth-round Compensatory pick (for the loss of quarterback Teddy Bridgewater) and two seventh-round selections (one for the loss of cornerback Tramaine Brock. . .which is still pretty hilarious, not gonna lie. . .and one for the loss of defensive tackle Shamar Stephen).

OTC also points out that the Compensatory pick for Bridgewater could be downgraded if he doesn’t make the Jets’ roster.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/5/8/17333022/potential-compensatory-draft-picks-minnesota-vikings-2019

44 minutes ago, Klomp said:

OTC also points out that the Compensatory pick for Bridgewater could be downgraded if he doesn’t make the Jets’ roster.

The hope is that the Jets will find a trade partner for Bridgewater if he is not going to make their roster. $5M is a pretty reasonable price for a backup QB with starting experience. That may be attractive to someone.

It will take two of the Vikings compensatory free agent losses not sticking with their new team before the team loses a pick since they have 5 net losses at the moment.

Brock's contract is guaranteed so there is a decent chance he sticks.

Seattle only gave ~$1M to each of Stephens and Johnson. They could easily cut one of them. Teddy had only $500k guaranteed but if he makes it to camp he'll probably have earned the $500k workout bonus too. Cutting any of these three will cost their team about $1M in dead money. That is something the teams might be willing to swallow. We have to hope that only one of them doesn't stick.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:19 PM, rpmwr19 said:

Because we have a safety spot that needs to, or is going to need to, be addressed and we have a wealth of highly selected players at the corner position. 

I think a lot of people are just excited about Hill and want to see him find the field. 

Sure we'lll have a safety spot that needs to be addressed but you don't take a player who has #1 or #2 CB potential and move him to a different position just because you might have a need in 2 years.  Sendejo has the safety spot locked down this year and if we don't like one of Kearse or Harris to replace him in a couple years simply draft an actual safety ...

IDK just my opinion though.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, SemperFeist said:

I’m just not ready to buy the hype on Hill. 

We saw Antonio Calloway get drafted in the 4th round. We saw Tyreek Hill get drafted in the 5th round. Joe Mixon got drafted in the 2nd round. 

If Holton Hill was truly this top 50 level prospect, I have to believe he’d have still been drafted. 

Now, I’m not saying that Hill isn’t talented, or talented enough to make the roster. I’m sure he is. But I’m not buying the idea that he’s #1/#2 cornerback that we got as an undrafted player. 

I call b.s. Hill is definitely talented enough to be a #1 or #2 CB  I get the fact that those type of players don't usually fall out of the draft but good players fall for various reasons all the time just because he went undrafted hardly means he doesn't have that type of potential & I could care less what other players you use as examples as I have examples of my own.  Our very own John Randle & Adam Thielen went undrafted.  Tom Brady went in the 6th.  Chris Harris, James Harrison, Antonio Gates, Tony Romo, Priest Holmes, Cameron Wake & Nate Newton all went undrafted.  I'm just saying the potential for him is definitely there and everyone pre draft said so now all of a sudden he doesn't have that same potential simply because he didn't get drafted?  Either which way time will tell but I still believe he has that ability and won't be surprised at all once he reaches it

Edited by Boda

Cornerback is a premier position, if teams had thought he had the potential to be a #1/#2, he would have been drafted. 

And while plenty of undrafted players have gone on to have great careers, none of them were expected too, or viewed to have the potential too, at the time of their respective draft, hence why they went undrafted.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Cornerback is a premier position, if teams had thought he had the potential to be a #1/#2, he would have been drafted. 

And while plenty of undrafted players have gone on to have great careers, none of them were expected too, or viewed to have the potential too, at the time of their respective draft, hence why they went undrafted.

He didn't fall for talent reasons, he fell for off the field reasons, which one of those other guys you listed was suspended from their team for the final month and had multiple failed drug tests including a failed drug test at the combine?  Like I said players fall for all kinds of reasons and apparently teams felt his off the field issues(which are real) were enough to warrant not using a draft pick on him.  If he's such a bum why'd he get so much money as an UDFA?