Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

54 minutes ago, Boda said:

He didn't fall for talent reasons, he fell for off the field reasons, which one of those other guys you listed was suspended from their team for the final month and had multiple failed drug tests including a failed drug test at the combine?  Like I said players fall for all kinds of reasons and apparently teams felt his off the field issues(which are real) were enough to warrant not using a draft pick on him.  If he's such a bum why'd he get so much money as an UDFA?

Never said he was a bum, I said I don’t buy the hype that he is a top 50 talent. 

On 5/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, SemperFeist said:

I’m just not ready to buy the hype on Hill. 

We saw Antonio Calloway get drafted in the 4th round. We saw Tyreek Hill get drafted in the 5th round. Joe Mixon got drafted in the 2nd round. 

If Holton Hill was truly this top 50 level prospect, I have to believe he’d have still been drafted. 

Now, I’m not saying that Hill isn’t talented, or talented enough to make the roster. I’m sure he is. But I’m not buying the idea that he’s #1/#2 cornerback that we got as an undrafted player. 

Complete different type of situations.

Callaway was probably the best receiver in this class. Most of his off the field stuff will be a big part of getting him away from Florida. Being away from home will help. 

Tyreek Hill was a one time issues, along with Joe Mixon. While the crimes were worse it still was only one time of getting in trouble. 

Holton “Cypress” Hill as he is know as failed drug test 9+ times some people have reported. Over and over again failing them. Was never suspended until the new coaching staff came into town last year. He failed to stop. 

Its absolutley not Hills talent that made him undrafted. He is a late first-2nd round talent. But failing to improve yourself time and time again really hurts yourself in the draft process. 

• Like 2

I think saying he was a potential first round talent without the off field issues is a bit over blown. Top 50 I could buy, but he was always more of a second or third round pick to me. 

And @Boda, why would you turn a potential #2 corner into a safety? When you already have four corners who you can project into a similar role and the player you’re taking about has the size and tackling ability that Hill has. That’s why. Sendejo is far from having the spot “locked down” he’s a good player who progressed from poor to good, but he’s certainly not locked into the position given that his cap hit is potentially detrimental to us re-signing more core pieces. Kearse has shown nothing in terms of his ability as a starter and hasn’t been able to supplant Harris as the team’s backup safety option. Harris is a good cover safety and has shown to be good on blitzes, but his tackling isn’t great. 

Sure, we could draft a safety when we likely have to next year... or we could already have one developing in the pipeline in Hill. 

I’m not saying it’s the best, or even the most prudent, move to make Hill a safety. I’m saying, with his skill set as a tackler and his ability to sift through garbage to make plays, he has the size and ability to be a very good safety in our scheme. Given that he’s got four number one or two draft picks in front of him currently, and we are likely going to need to ditch Sendejo next year for cap reasons, safety might be his best shot to see the field. Given how immensely talented you view him to be, isn’t that what you want? For him to see the field as early as possible?

its an option worth exploring given the current construction of the team on the back end. 

Edited by rpmwr19
  • Like 1

Defensive tackle David Parry started every game for the Colts during the 2015 and 2016 seasons, but has not landed a job this offseason after a 2017 season marred by injuries and off-field trouble.That could change if things go well during a Thursday visit. Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Parry is meeting with the Vikings.

Parry was arrested in February 2017 in Arizona on a variety of charges related to an incident that saw him steal a street-legal golf cart that was being used as a taxi. He received probation after a guilty plea and was released by the Colts in September. He played one game for the Saints, but wound up on injured reserve before the month was out. Parry served a four-game suspension while on IR as a result of the arrest. While with the Colts, Parry had 78 tackles and four sacks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/10/david-parry-visiting-vikings/

Edited by vike daddy

Johnson's should be capable of playing the DT/NT backup role Stephen did last year. 

No matter what they think of Johnson, they need a camp body at NT. All their depth beyond Jaleel is 3-tech undersized guys (Holmes, Bradley, etc). 

Parry isn't very good according to his PFF grades at least. Don't expect he makes the team even if he signs with the Vikings at all. 

News broke yesterday via Instagram that Vikings defensive end and 12-year veteran Brian Robison would be returning to the Minnesota Vikings for another season in 2018. 

We renegotiated," Robison told KFAN. "I ended up taking a pay cut."

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/vikings-blog/content/2018-05-15-brian-robison-restructures-contract-to-return-to-vikings-kfan-1003-fm/

• Like 1