Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I believe so.  

oh my, i was just joking about Kluwe, but no...

In 2014, the Vikings announced a settlement with former punter Chris Kluwe over his departure from the team the previous year, which included the team making donations to groups fighting for marriage equality and others causes. They’re going to deliver on that promise in June. The settlement stemmed from Kluwe’s threat to sue the team, after special teams coordinator Mike Priefer used anti-gay language. Priefer still works for the Vikings.

Kluwe: “We obviously had our issues a while ago, but this is our way of looking forward and trying to figure out how we make sure that we set the stage for that not to happen again. I think that it’s the ideal outcome in that, at the end of the day, hopefully this will help a lot of people that otherwise might not have gotten that help.”

Kluwe will speak at the event, along with former Olympic diver Greg Louganis and longtime NFL defensive lineman Esera Tuaolo.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/16/vikings-to-host-lgbtq-fundraiser-as-part-of-chris-kluwe-settlement/

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This list is about the best players from this past season, so why is it that Cousins is listed as a Viking, and Keenum is listed as a Bronco?

As I understand, it's not about the best players from the last season, it's about the expectation for this coming season.  

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Can anyone name 54 players better than Rhodes? 

In a league of where nearly 1700 players make the final rosters, I think I could come up with 54, as that still puts him in the top 3.5% of the league.  

29 minutes ago, disaacs said:

As I understand, it's not about the best players from the last season, it's about the expectation for this coming season.  

The list is compiled by how each player had performed in 2017. 

Or do you really think that the players expect Case Keenum to perform as the 51st best player in the league this upcoming season?

It's about 2017, but NFL Network then frames it as the best going into this season.

QBs naturally seem to get a bump. Just for a point of reference, in the list last offseason there were 12 QBs in the top 51 and 16 in the entire list of 100. Right on pace, as Keenum was the fifth name that's been unveiled so far this year.

Gotta say, I don't love that they start compiling these lists before the season is even over. At least that's what it sounded like from Keenum's.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

It's about 2017, but NFL Network then frames it as the best going into this season.

Which is why it sounds ridiculous.

Aaron Rodgers won’t be on the list because of his injury, but are we really to believe that he’s not one on the best players heading into 2018?

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Aaron Rodgers won’t be on the list because of his injury, but are we really to believe that he’s not one on the best players heading into 2018?

I agree that it's ridiculous, but my comment was just based on what they appeared to be marketing...not that I was really buying what they're selling.  

36 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Well it's ridiculous for a lot of reasons. Like how players only giving their top 20 doesn't really give a great indication either, nor does only polling a small percentage of players.

And Rodgers will still be on it. Jimmy G was (5 games), JJ Watt was (5 games), Odell Beckham was (4 games).

Brian Robison says loyalty is a crucial “moral” in his life and played a big role in his decision to accept a roughly $2 million pay cut to return to the Minnesota Vikings. Robison restructured his contract almost two weeks ago, the second straight year he did that. However, this time he didn’t add any years to his contract. It was all about whether he wanted to retire, continue to play for the Vikings or look for another team.

Robison: “First of all, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to retire or not. Once I got back to training and stuff, I realized that wasn’t an option. Of course, then the whole restructuring thing came around. It was just one of those deals I had to make the best decision for me and my family. At the end of the day, I’ve said since Day 1 that I wanted to bring a championship to the state of Minnesota. For me, if that’s something I’ve got to give back $2 million to do, I’ll gladly do it.”

Zimmer: “I talked to Brian a couple times. He felt there was some unfinished business that he wanted to be part of. He felt good about the team, I think. The first time he got back in the building was after he redid his deal. He was excited about being here, seeing this building and getting around the guys again. That’s part of why we do this all the time – we get an opportunity to work with great people. Good people. Our locker room is a good locker room.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-DE-Brian-Robison-gladly-gives-back-2M-in-search-of-Super-Bowl-118469940