Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Rookie Aviante Collins had a big game Sunday night as he continued to vie for a roster or practice squad spot with the Minnesota Vikings.

It was until after the game that he found out what was happening to his parents back in Houston, which has been ravaged for the past five days with torrential rains and destructive flooding in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/vikings-rookie-has-mind-on-houston-my-dads-house-got-flooded-completely/

Kyle Sloter went undrafted earlier this year but signed with the Broncos as a college free agent following the draft. He’s been overlooked by many fans as simply a camp arm, but the underdog prospect may turn a few heads this summer.

In a pre-draft article about this year’s best-kept secrets, Bleacher Report’s Mike Tanier included Sloter on the list.

“He can make every throw,” former NFL offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild told Tanier. “He did it in on the pro day. He’s shown he can do it off pocket movement. It’s not just take five steps, set and throw to your primary. He can readjust his target line, his launch point.”

Sloter overcame numerous obstacles in college, including coaching changes, position changes and a college switch that was slowed down when some of his credits didn’t transfer. Despite those challenges, Sloter (6-4, 218 pounds) threw 29 touchdown passes at Northern Colorado last fall.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/26/denver-broncos-news-kyle-sloter-quarterback-sleeper/

He never played QB until his last year of college, but check out his tape with the Broncos... He is very poised, and made some really incredible throws. I'm shocked they let him go. He is athletic and definitely has the arm, along with that right amount of swagger to be successful. He's a baller. I know he was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers, but I'm weirdly excited about this signing, or at least as much as one can be about a guy getting signed to the PS.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

what position before then? was he a high school qb?

He was a QB that switched to WR his redshirt freshman year in order to play after a coaching change derailed his chance to start. He has always been a QB first and foremost though. He dealt with a ridiculous amount of roadblocks to his collegiate career. Rooting for him.