Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So is anyone else believing the Everson Griffen rumors on the twittersphere?

there are a couple of non-media folks claiming that the media is sitting on a story about EG getting busted for coke...

I don't know.

It's 2018, there's no such thing as hiding or sitting on something THIS big anymore. Media wants to be the ones to break a story and there's no way they're going to sit on a story when it can get them thousands of clicks/retweets/views/etc. People will tweet anything, regardless of accuracy, just to say they were first to break the story. There's no accountability anymore. If some media dude prints a false story/rumor, there's no repercussions. That's why a lot of these "insiders" throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and hope 1-2 things stick.

Hell, how many times have we heard a player get popped for DWI like 30 minutes after it happened and you're telling me a star player got busted for cocaine and NOBODY has leaked the story to the media 24 hours later?

If the police rumors are true....where's the police report and arrest record (both public information)?

And wouldn't the Vikings be in very deep trouble if they try and sweep something like a player getting busted for cocaine? It doesn't seem like a Mike Zimmer thing to do. I don't think he'd jeopardize his team and his reputation to save one player.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

People will tweet anything, regardless of accuracy, just to say they were first to break the story. There's no accountability anymore. If some media dude prints a false story/rumor, there's no repercussions.

Those rags aren't representative of respectable members of the media.

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

Those rags aren't representative of respectable members of the media.

Even the big media outlets run with rumors that are 100% wrong wayyyyy more than they should. But then you have these nobodies who run a blog with 200 viewers who make up rumors and run with them.

Like I said, accuracy takes a back seat to being first in 2018.

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

if you read that thread it sounds like reporters are hearing the same thing but are waiting on either the police or the team to release a statement.

Like I said earlier, police reports & arrest records are public. The Vikings can't say "Hey, we know this happened but can you like not release it until Monday and screw up our game tomorrow? Thanks!"

So I'm HIGHLY doubting it's police related. Wouldn't you think?

Let's say the cocaine rumors are true, can the team just hide it and chalk it up as "internal matters?" Wouldn't the team be in HUUUUUGE trouble if they don't report a player getting busted with a substance as illegal as cocaine and it gets out? I mean it's not weed or anything. Wouldn't that be cause for the NFL to punish the Vikings?

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I don’t know what happened, but it’s pretty clear that SOMETHING happened, right?

Something had to have happened.

It could be something as small as missing curfew or getting into an argument or something as big as the rumors. Or maybe there's family issues he really had to attend to. Maybe something that he felt he could take care of since he wasn't playing?

Did we ever figure out why Anthony Barr was M.I.A. during a few practices during training camp back when everyone thought he was getting traded or signing an extension? Zimmer kept swept that under the rug pretty quick.

I just think it's NOT police related and may not be 4+ game suspension level if we haven't heard a drop yet.

If I wasn't bored, I'd probably not care about it until morning.

Still nothing going on in the Everson department.

Not a single word from anybody and a few of the national reporters like Arif at The Athletic haven't heard a word about it.

The longer it goes without a drop being said, I'm guessing it's not a serious matter although Darren Wolfson did say this:

That does kind of allude that there's SOMETHING that happened at the hotel in the lobby. He doesn't seem to be talking hypothetically about "the video" which leads me to believe something happened in the lobby. But once again, no police report or arrest record so how bad could it really be? You'd figure if it was drugs or violence, the police would have filed a report.