Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

On 1/31/2019 at 8:50 AM, swede700 said:

Next year is the year. The Super Bowl is, once again, returning to Miami.  2 of the last 3 times it's been held in Miami were after the 1998 season and after the 2009 season.  And also, the Super Bowl was held in Miami after the Hail Mary.  It's time for Karmic payback.  

Over the weekend, I also came to the realization that the year 2020 will be 45 years after the year that "The push-off" happened, which, oddly enough, is the reverse of Super Bowl 54.  (Yes, I know I'm stretching it a bit, but I gotta take what I can get).

Fascinating fact:  During the Super Bowl era, only Dallas (30) and Pittsburgh (33) have more playoff appearances than the Vikings (29)

How sad is it that they have absolutely nothing to show for it.  :/   For the reasons I listed above, hopefully that'll change come February of 2020.  

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Fascinating fact:  During the Super Bowl era, only Dallas (30) and Pittsburgh (33) have more playoff appearances than the Vikings (29)

How sad is it that they have absolutely nothing to show for it.  :/   For the reasons I listed above, hopefully that'll change come February of 2020.  

Looking at the NFC landscape, we should have a good shot too.

-The Rams were not as good the second half of the year, will have some big decisions in FA, and will play a hard schedule

-Saints will be coming off back to back heartbreaking playoff endings, hard schedule, Brees a year older

-It will be hard to replicate the turnovers for the Bears, and they have a new DC

-The Packers are still a few pieces away from being SB contenders I think

-Dallas doesn't scare me all that much, but their defense is really really good

-The Seahawks scare me

-The Eagles also scare me, but will be interesting to see them with Wentz for a full year

A lot of these things are concerns for the Vikings as well, but there doesn't seem to be a powerhouse in the NFC. This off-season will be huge.

15 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

It all rests on Cousins at the end of the day to carry the team and actually show up against quality opponents. I don't think we're going to have a historically great defense or OL to pickup the slack.

Has Cousins ever done this? Mentally he seems off at times.

• Like 1

at CHI, at GB, at DET, at DAL, at NYG, at KC, at LAC, at SEA
vs CHI, vs GB, vs DET, vs PHI, vs WAS, vs DEN, vs OAK, vs ATL

This is what is unfortunate about the schedule .... those 3 road games, are likely losses ... whereas those 3 home games are "likely wins" .... you would prefer the harder teams at home, where you can steal wins ... and the easier teams on the road, where you can steal wins.

its set up, the exact opposite for us .... (which was similar to this year.... @SEA, @NE, @LAR, @PHI ... vsSF, vsBUF, vsARI, vsMIA)

Non-biased

at CHI, at GB, at DET, at DAL, at NYG, at KC, at LAC, at SEA
vs CHI, vs GB, vs DET, vs PHI, vs WAS, vs DEN, vs OAK, vs ATL

9-7, without a substantial OL improvement, pending where schedule falls. If I had a choice, I would want our Thursday Night game to be at home vs Chicago (or Philly).

Edited by CriminalMind

7-1 at home (lose to Chicago)
4-4 on the road (wins against DET, DAL, NYG and one of GB/LAC/SEA)

As long as you can go .500 on the road or better, this should be a playoff team; even if you drop another unexpected game at home.

9 minutes ago, RpMc said:

7-1 at home (lose to Chicago)
4-4 on the road (wins against DET, DAL, NYG and one of GB/LAC/SEA)

As long as you can go .500 on the road or better, this should be a playoff team; even if you drop another unexpected game at home.

That home record may be a bit generous but it's essentially what needs to be done.

I think Green Bay will be better than last year while Chicago slides a bit. Should be a tight race and I'd expect at most, one WC to come from the North.