Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

The third game of the Thanksgiving schedule could be coming into focus. After a report earlier this week that the two early holiday games would include Bears-Lions and Dolphins-Cowboys, we may have an idea of the prime time matchup.

Via Michael Rand of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, an Eagles trip to play the Vikings appears to be the late game of the three.

John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal (who reported the first two games) said during a SI media podcast with Jimmy Traina what he had heard about the game. “I didn’t actually write about this but I have heard that Minnesota vs. Philadelphia is one that’s in play,” Ourand said. “It’s not dead set, but I’m told that it’s pretty likely.”

The Vikings have never hosted a Thanksgiving game, though they’ve played in eight of them against either the Lions or the Cowboys.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/14/report-vikings-eagles-pretty-likely-on-thanksgiving/

53 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i can't remember, was he an end or a tackle?

The most optimistic hopes for him were that he would be the next John Randle. The team tried him at LBer but that didn't stick iirc. Can an undersized DT cause problems for an offense that would make him valuable in a Mike Zimmer defense? I have my doubts but it would be great to see it happen.

Ade Aruna is the long-odds DE hope the team picked up late in the draft last year. Again, it would be great to see this player come back and become valuable to the defense.

It is nice to have a couple bodies around for which one can have long-odds hope. That is what it is though. I give Ifeadi Odenigbo better odds of being successful for the Vikings and he has already been cut a few times in his young career.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I fully expect, if he's willing to come in on a prove-it type deal, he'll be back.  

I agree. Could see him starting at LG in the new ZBS. He will have to compete but he was an ascending player for us on his way to a nice payday. Hopefully he can return to form.

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree. Could see him starting at LG in the new ZBS. He will have to compete but he was an ascending player for us on his way to a nice payday. Hopefully he can return to form.

Agree...and it's probably even a better fit for him then he was under Sparano.  

1 minute ago, vikestyle said:

I don't really believe anything La Canfora says, but it wouldn't be surprising if this was the case. What do you guys think he is worth? I think I'd be okay with an early third. Would the cap savings go to Thielen? Other FA's?

Yeah he's not the most reliable but I think most of us expected Wayne's or Rhodes to be traded. With the emergence of Hill and Hughes its common sense to free up some money.