Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, vikestyle said:

I don't really believe anything La Canfora says, but it wouldn't be surprising if this was the case. What do you guys think he is worth? I think I'd be okay with an early third. Would the cap savings go to Thielen? Other FA's?

Any offer that is less than a 3rd can go kick rocks.   Even then I think we'd be getting shorted.

1 minute ago, NoDakViking said:

Any offer that is less than a 3rd can go kick rocks.   Even then I think we'd be getting shorted.

I mean most people would say that Marcus Peters is a better player (or at least they would have a year ago), and they traded him and a 6th for a 2nd and 4th. Any team that trades for Waynes will likely have to extend him at a large-ish price as well, or they are paying for a 1 year rental. That will drive the price down.

9 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

I mean most people would say that Marcus Peters is a better player (or at least they would have a year ago), and they traded him and a 6th for a 2nd and 4th. Any team that trades for Waynes will likely have to extend him at a large-ish price as well, or they are paying for a 1 year rental. That will drive the price down.

Peters is a better player but also carries baggage. Waynes is a great person and teammate. I'd take no less than a mid second round pick, basically what should be an opening day starter. With Hill and Hughes on the roster, I'm not too concerned about losing a starter.  

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Yeah he's not the most reliable but I think most of us expected Wayne's or Rhodes to be traded. With the emergence of Hill and Hughes its common sense to free up some money.

Emergence? 

Lets see if Hill can make it through an offseason clean, and that Hughes is healed let alone a good player before we start trading off one of our top two CBs.

30 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Chad Forbes, whoever he is, also reporting they are pursuing Osemele and Waynes could be straight up swap. 

The money matches up pretty well. Just looking at a couple of articles, he had his worst season by far last year, but had to play some tackle and battled injuries. Would be an interesting trade.

39 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Chad Forbes, whoever he is, also reporting they are pursuing Osemele and Waynes could be straight up swap. 

That is fantastic. It is right in line with what I would be doing so it makes my day. Pursue top FA guards and if the team is unable to land one of them trade for a guard. Osemele was high on the list of trade targets in the event free agency didn't work out. If the team has to go the trade route to get the guard before the draft it is great if they can make it a player swap instead of giving up a pick. 

Maybe Spielman will work something out for the line. It would be great to have a GM that I can have faith in. I am at the end of my rope with him owing to the line. 

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

At this point, I wouldn’t even say Peters is a better player than Waynes. MP is far more prone to have coverage lapses and is a complete negative against the run. 

I agree, but at the time of the trade I don't think there was many arguing Waynes over Peters. Peters was a pro bowler and 2nd team all pro as a rookie, and a pro bowler and first team all pro as a second year guy. He missed out on that two years ago but was still much more valuable than Waynes when he was traded, even with the off field issues.

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Does Osemele even fit a ZBS?

Not well. We were a PBS when we first brought in Keleche and he was one of the best. Since then, we moved to a ZBS and he hasn't done that well. He is supposedly under 300 pounds now which should help his agility, but I rather him play in a PBS than ZBS.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not well. We were a PBS when we first brought in Keleche and he was one of the best. Since then, we moved to a ZBS and he hasn't done that well. He is supposedly under 300 pounds now which should help his agility, but I rather him play in a PBS than ZBS.

Which makes me wonder why MN would even have an interest. If he was a poor fit in the Raiders ZBS, why would he be a good fit with MNs ZBS?

59 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

With Kubiak and friends coming from the AFC West they should be bringing with them an in-depth knowledge of other players from that division including Kelechi Osemele. I am going to trust them if they see Osemele as a fit for what they want to do.

Osemele was also the Ravens starting LG in 2014, while Kubiak was the team’s offensive coordinator. 

• Like 4