Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Osemele was also the Ravens starting LG in 2014, while Kubiak was the team’s offensive coordinator. 

Literally his whole career with the Ravens he ran a ZBS scheme. 

Literally his issue is Tom Cable. Outside of his stint with Beast Mode the guy has been a failure. Even then the line wasn’t all that great.

Ask most Seahawks fans what they think of Tom Cable. 

Ask Mark Glowinski what he thinks of Tom Cable. Guy about got ran out of the league with Cable as his coach. Moves to Indy, stays in a ZBS, and just finished the best year of his career. 

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Peters is a better player but also carries baggage. Waynes is a great person and teammate. I'd take no less than a mid second round pick, basically what should be an opening day starter. With Hill and Hughes on the roster, I'm not too concerned about losing a starter.  

Woof, idk man, he’s got more INT’s but gets beat more often than not. The past year and a half Wayne’s maybe didn’t have the turnover numbers but he developed into something pretty solid. 

A straight mid second rounder I think I would be pretty hesitant about it. One positive is clearing cap space, but you are putting a lot of faith in Holten “Cypress” Hill & Mike Hughes, who hasn’t even really played. 

We saw what happened with our CB’s and injuries and what happened. Rhodes gets dinged up, lost Hughes, Alexander gets hurt.

My hope would be a trade and hopefully gain a veteran starter.

As I've indicated, at this point I would personally prefer that Rhodes be the one dealt, but I think they have to do something with one of them in order to improve elsewhere.  They do have the depth to do so, and also by doing so, they can bring in another young CB somewhere along the line (either UDFA or late-round draft pick) to develop additional depth, because, as we know, it'll take another 2-3 years for that guy to improve enough to where he can replace either Mack, Hill, or Waynes.  

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Curious to see what happens, if anything, with the Waynes rumor.

It would have to be at least a 2nd rounder for me to consider the swap.

Agreed.  I wouldn't take anything less than that...unless there's another player involved, ala Osemele.  

• Like 2

The Broncos continue to talk with the agent of the versatile offensive lineman with hopes of signing (Billy) Turner back before he hits free agency.

Problem is, other teams are quietly interested. There is a belief Arizona and Minnesota could be among those who express interest in Turner. 

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/broncos-combine-notes-billy-turner-remains-on-radar-but-not-antonio-brown/73-98e114e6-72e4-4561-846e-2092ec8ad422

The 2019 league year starts in less than two weeks and teams now know the exact salary cap figure they’ll be working with in free agency. The NFL has officially set this year’s cap at $188.2 millions, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. The league had projected a cap figure “in the range of $187.0 million to $191.1 million” late last year.

In 2018, NFL teams had $177.2 million at their disposal and this is the sixth straight year that the cap number has risen by at least $10 million. In all, the cap has risen over $68 million since it was set at $120 million for the 2011 season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/01/the-2019-salary-cap-will-be-188-2-million/

Just now, RpMc said:

Makes sense in both cases. Aging players with little, to no, guarantees left on their contract. 

Agreed but I think Griffen has more to offer going forward. Just needs to get his mind right and physically in football shape. Can't imagine the time away really prepared him well.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:45 PM, TENINCH said:

Yeah he's not the most reliable but I think most of us expected Wayne's or Rhodes to be traded. With the emergence of Hill and Hughes its common sense to free up some money.

Hughes tore up his knee this past season (almost typical at this point it seems for Vikings players 😕)

He wont be 100% to start the season I would bet, although he should still be ready to go for week 1. I don't see us trading any of our corners.