Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

40 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I guess we'll wait and see if a more credible source picks up this Richardson news or not. He's a good player and I want him back.

It would be bitter sweet for me. Richardson is alright, but I'm really excited about some of the DT prospects in this draft. That said, of course it's always good to alleviate needs before the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikestyle said:

It would be bitter sweet for me. Richardson is alright, but I'm really excited about some of the DT prospects in this draft. That said, of course it's always good to alleviate needs before the draft.

I was really excited when Richardson was signed last year...but, I have to say, I was mostly disappointed with his play.  I would not be heart broken if he didn't resign, as there are evidently some very talented DT's up and down the draft.

13 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Haha I asked the same thing and was told I didn't know anything about sports. This was the response I got "Lou Nanne is a hockey guy.  Former player, coach, and GM of the Minnesota North Stars.  He is very much connected with the Minnesota sports scene!"

He has been around Minnesota hockey almost as long as Sid Hartman has been around the entire Minnesota sports scene (people may not even know that Sid Hartman was once GM of the Minneapolis Lakers...while still working for the Minneapolis Tribune newspaper).  Lou was as big and synonymous to the Minnesota North Stars and Gophers hockey as Bud Grant is to the Vikings, if not even more so.  He actually is a close, personal friend of Sid's.  :D

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vikestyle said:

I think he'll be better in his second season. Joseph wasn't great his first year either.

19 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I think he'll be better in his second season. Joseph wasn't great his first year either.

I just don’t think Richardson has the “it” to be a force at the position anymore. He’s certainly a good player, but not the pass rusher I think many, myself included, were expecting. 

He’s a C+/B- type player. Which is fine as long as you’re not paying for an A/A+ type player. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I just don’t think Richardson has the “it” to be a force at the position anymore. He’s certainly a good player, but not the pass rusher I think many, myself included, were expecting. 

He’s a C+/B- type player. Which is fine as long as you’re not paying for an A/A+ type player. 

We made that mistake at the QB position. 

I agree. I'd hate to overpay for Richardson, he's a good piece but this team really can't afford throwing out big contracts. I think there are legit motor concerns with him. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

We made that mistake at the QB position. 

I agree. I'd hate to overpay for Richardson, he's a good piece but this team really can't afford throwing out big contracts. I think there are legit motor concerns with him. 

I agree with that...which is partially the reason I've always said that they can get the same production out of a far cheaper player.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I agree with that...which is partially the reason I've always said that they can get the same production out of a far cheaper player.  

Yup. Especially in a deep draft. I think he can easily be replaced by a combination of Tom Johnson/Jaleel Johnson/mid-round pick.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-running-back-roc-thomas-faces-felony-marijuana-possession-charge/506784762/

A search of his apartment yielded more than 143 grams of marijuana and $16,000 in cash. 

According to the complaint, Thomas told officers he smokes marijuana and that all of the marijuana in the apartment was for personal use and not for sale. In Minnesota, possession in excess of 42.5 grams of marijuana is considered a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.