Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

8 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

If this is what it is, at least it's not a domestic abuse issue or anything like that. I am not totally sure on the rules, but because he was an offender in college this will not go down as his first offense and will likely lead to a suspension right? 

Well, considering he reportedly had failed his drug test at the Combine, what he did in college is less relevant than that.  So, yes, he would likely face a 4-6 game suspension.  

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If Hill is busted I have zero interest in trading Waynes or Rhodes.

Busted or not I think that this plays as a reminder that Hill is slip up away from suspension and can't be fully counted on as a starter moving forward, anything you get out of him is a bonus. I dont see anyway you trade either of them, DB depth is so important and can change for the worse in a blink of an eye.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

Busted or not I think that this plays as a reminder that Hill is slip up away from suspension and can't be fully counted on as a starter moving forward, anything you get out of him is a bonus. I dont see anyway you trade either of them, DB depth is so important and can change for the worse in a blink of an eye.

I'm not disagreeing, just based on what rumors have been out there about Waynes being shopped.

You trade Waynes for a few reasons.

1. Frees up cap.
2. Returns a draft pick or player at a hopeful position of need.
3. If you let him leave in FA you're getting a comp pick in 2021, trading him now helps this team now. Especially if they know they're not going to resign him.

You trade Rhodes for a few reasons.

1. Frees up cap, likely used to extend Waynes.
2. Returns a draft pick or player at a hopeful position of need.
3. He's older than Waynes.

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Why is it so difficult to make reasonable decisions?

I have no idea.

I recall Ben Leber talking about this on KFAN awhile back. He was saying that as long as you don't enter the league in the program, you know when you're going to be tested. It was like a 2-week window during OTA's and then another 2-week window during training camp I believe and that seemed like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I have no idea.

I recall Ben Leber talking about this on KFAN awhile back. He was saying that as long as you don't enter the league in the program, you know when you're going to be tested. It was like a 2-week window during OTA's and then another 2-week window during training camp I believe and that seemed like it.

Spot on. It's literally twice a year and they tell you the window of when it will be, just not the exact day. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The drug testing for the NFL, when it relates to marijuana, is so lax that really the only point of having the test is to weed out stupidity. 

:S:D