Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

2 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

If this report holds any weight, this would have to be a trade, right? They can't be in contact with players or agents yet, so this would be tampering if it was an FA that hadn't been cut.

All NFL teams tamper. They may not directly speak to the player or the agent, but they have back channel ways of knowing what a player is looking for. 

Edited by byuvike88
4 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

All NFL teams tamper. They may not directly speak to the player or the agent, but they have back channel ways of knowing what a player is looking for. 

I mean yeah but I doubt it gets leaked to a random Twitter dude. They're probably just throwing darts but it is officially speculation season!

3 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

I mean yeah but I doubt it gets leaked to a random Twitter dude. They're probably just throwing darts but it is officially speculation season!

You're right, but I have seen a lot of random twitter dudes who know a guy who shares something with them. That's why I am saying there could be a guy in the Vikings organization who shares that are waiting on moves depending on a potential signing. That's not really revealing anything. 

But at the same time, I am familiar with this guy so we will see how much truth there is to it. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, RpMc said:

Hopefully a straight up pay cut that just guantees him this year. It doesn’t make sense to extend him. 

It makes complete sense to extend him.  I'm not sure why you don't believe it makes sense.  It's a disservice to him to just outright ask him to take a paycut.  There has to be give and take.  Lower his cap hit this year, extend him out 2 years, which takes him to the end of his career and he can retire a Viking.  That's the only thing that makes any sense. 

• Like 1

It makes no sense to extend him because I personally believe that his physical limitations are starting to limit his effectiveness within the offense, and, even in an extension that will lower his cap hip number, would make too much money for what he brings to field. Especially on a cap team.

3.5-4 catches per game, 40 yards per game, being the fourth option on the offense, and limited blocking ability are things that can be replaced by younger, cheaper, and more dynamic players.

What makes the most sense is either, A) letting him play out the last year of his deal and then letting him walk, or B) cutting him/asking him to take a pay cut so those cap dollars can go to better use. Unless the extension includes no signing bonus, and no future guarantees, it doesn't make sense to push more money into the future with Rudolph.

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 2