Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm surprised Remmers hasn't been cut yet.

Is there a reason to rush the move? They'll cut him when they need to cut him if the come to an agreement on a player that requires that cap space. Otherwise, why not keep him around until they are at risk of needing to pay him a dollar?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He saves more money as a June 1 cut. With really no player on the roster to take his place, I wouldn’t be surprised if the team decides hang onto Remmers until after the draft. 

I think it was you who covered it in another thread but whether he is pre/post 6/1 how much does the extra $1.2M not saved/saved mean to the Vikings?

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Is there a reason to rush the move? They'll cut him when they need to cut him if the come to an agreement on a player that requires that cap space. Otherwise, why not keep him around until they are at risk of needing to pay him a dollar?

It just seems like standard procedure to cut a player prior to free agency if you know they aren't going to be on the team. It gives the player the best opportunity to find a new team, and make it clear to potential free agents that there is an opening on the team. 

Saving more money as a post-June cut makes sense though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I think it was you who covered it in another thread but whether he is pre/post 6/1 how much does the extra $1.2M not saved/saved mean to the Vikings?

That, I have no clue. Whether saving $4.5M in March, while eating $1.8M in dead money for 2019 is better than saving $5.7M in June, while pushing $1.2M of dead money into 2020 is better for their cap situation, or vise versa, is a question for a bean counter with a much more detailed view of the team’s cap. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

That, I have no clue. Whether saving $4.5M in March, while eating $1.8M in dead money for 2019 is better than saving $5.7M in June, while pushing $1.2M of dead money into 2020 is better for their cap situation, or vise versa, is a question for a bean counter with a much more detailed view of the team’s cap. 

The Brz Knows....

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It was more a rhetorical question. Obviously phrased very poorly.

Some I'm sure would say wait until 6/1 to save the additional $, others would say cut now to have the opportunity to spend that $.