Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

You'd obviously draft one in that situation. Sometimes you have to rely on your recent draft picks, both of which were 4th rounders and Johnson has flashed at times. 

I said it all depends on the amount. I would rather have Richardson if possible around 9-10 than a Stephen at 4. 

And you seem to like Stephen more than I do, which is fine. 

Yes sir! I don't think he's an all-star, but he's definitely a nice piece of a platoon and it's nice that he can play both spots.

Great start in my books. I say only focus on players that dont count against comp now and get the high picks for Barr, Richardson(when he signs somewhere) next year. 

Build through the draft now. OL, DT, OL 123..

I think there we will be some LBs released in the next couple days worth looking it.

Sounds like friday is the dealine for whatever we do with Griffen.

Yeah with Barr gone possibly to the Jets this defense looks completely different.  I know some did not like the kid but he is the best linebacker on the team no doubt and with Kendricks playing poorly last season the group in general is straight up weak.

Going to have to now consider Bush but doubt he falls to us, most likely 2nd round OLB pick with either Gary Johnson, Chase Hansen, or Justin Hollins.  Hope they would not go for Mack Wilson but he is an option also.  Good thing they got Eric Wilson who could be another starter, not sold on Gedeon thought honestly as the other LB but really they play 2 of them so often might not be a big deal.

49 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Yes as long as we don't sign a high priced guy.

Actually right now Barr/Stephen cancel out. 

Unless another of our players signed elsewhere that I missed. 

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Actually right now Barr/Stephen cancel out. 

Unless another of our players signed elsewhere that I missed. 

So the signing of any player cancels out the signing of any other player regardless of difference in compensation?

3 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

So the signing of any player cancels out the signing of any other player regardless of difference in compensation?

If there are no players in the same tier, then yes. If say, Sendejo, signs a similar APY contract, his and Stephen’s would cancel out. 

Now, if the value between free agents lost and gained is a large amount, the NFL can award net loss compensatory picks.

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

If there are no players in the same tier, then yes. If say, Sendejo, signs a similar APY contract, his and Stephen’s would cancel out. 

Now, if the value between free agents lost and gained is a large amount, the NFL can award net loss compensatory picks.

Ah gotcha. Feel like there should be a weekend course on the compensatory pick formula at my local community college