Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I saw about his signing last night.  If they end up moving on from Linval in the next couple of years, he'll be a good replacement.  

Now, according to the dream I had last night, the Vikings bringing back Cordarrelle should be happening soon.  :D

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

He's never been a playmaker.  He's great at coverage (which I never said he wasn't, so I'm not sure where you got that from), but if you're going to trade one of them, he's the one I'd much rather trade.  

You my not have said it, but its been eluded to by a few and agree to disagree on him being a playmaker because he pretty easily took that step a few years ago, although its an overrated stipulation imo.

Finally, I really have a hard time understanding why Rhodes would be the favorite to trade over Waynes. Care to expound?

6 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

You my not have said it, but its been eluded to by a few and agree to disagree on him being a playmaker because he pretty easily took that step a few years ago, although its an overrated stipulation imo.

Finally, I really have a hard time understanding why Rhodes would be the favorite to trade over Waynes. Care to expound?

For me, it's rather simple.  What I see on the field is a guy who is, while still very good, is on the verge of falling off and I'd rather trade him 1 year too early than 1 year too late.  I view Waynes as an ascending player, who probably won't reach his peak until 2-3 years from now.  Therefore, for me, it's pretty simple on who I'd rather trade...the guy who's on the verge of falling off.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

For me, it's rather simple.  What I see on the field is a guy who is, while still very good, is on the verge of falling off and I'd rather trade him 1 year too early than 1 year too late.  I view Waynes as an ascending player, who probably won't reach his peak until 2-3 years from now.  Therefore, for me, it's pretty simple on who I'd rather trade...the guy who's on the verge of falling off.  

Isnt it pretty likely that Rhodes is due for some regression considering he was injured much of the year? And this is probably Waynes peak that, yeah he can reasonably maintain for 3 or more years but I find it highly unlikely he can be as good as Rhodes has been.  Just it's a good wager imo

18 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Isnt it pretty likely that Rhodes is due for some regression considering he was injured much of the year? And this is probably Waynes peak that, yeah he can reasonably maintain for 3 or more years but I find it highly unlikely he can be as good as Rhodes has been.  Just it's a good wager imo

As far as I was concerned, whether it be because of injury or not, Waynes was already better than Rhodes last year.