Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

As far as I was concerned, whether it be because of injury or not, Waynes was already better than Rhodes last year.  

I find that highly debatable, and let's not forget Waynes isn't covering number 1 wideouts....and again is the trend expected to continue? I don't think so

Finally if the team were to do this, they would then also have to extend Waynes which would likely cost more per year than Rhodes current salary.

I'm just failing to see the reasoning or logic is all.

9 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I find that highly debatable, and let's not forget Waynes isn't covering number 1 wideouts....and again is the trend expected to continue? I don't think so

Finally if the team were to do this, they would then also have to extend Waynes which would likely cost more per year than Rhodes current salary.

I'm just failing to see the reasoning or logic is all.

Well, when Rhodes was out injured, Waynes was covering #1 wideouts most of the time.  And he held his own rather well.  I don't want to get rid of either one, but considering all factors, I'm moving Rhodes first.  

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I hope we don't sign a free agent Running Back. I'd rather see us just snag one with one of our 6th/7th round picks.

I can't imagine they will sign a FA RB, unless it's a major bargain on a guy like Gus Edwards or TJ Yeldon.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Really only one OL I’m still interested in.... Daryl Williams

Like a broken record, I'm still interested in AJ Cann.  He's a prototypical Spielman-type signing, a high-talent, under the radar guy, coming off his rookie deal in which he underperformed and needs some proper coaching.  Williams is certainly a low-risk, high-reward guy if he's healthy...but that's the main question.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Like a broken record, I'm still interested in AJ Cann.  He's a prototypical Spielman-type signing, a high-talent, under the radar guy, coming off his rookie deal in which he underperformed and needs some proper coaching.  Williams is certainly a low-risk, high-reward guy if he's healthy...but that's the main question.  

then they better have better coaches, because they have zero guys that you can say were super coached up on the OL right now.

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

then they better have better coaches, because they have zero guys that you can say were super coached up on the OL right now.

Well, Dennison's track record suggests that he can do so...so, we'll just have to see if that perception is warranted.

• Like 3

I wonder what their plan is now. If they were willing to go after Saffold they were willing to pony up some real cash. I almost would rather have Saffold than Barr I think, but I'm not mad about Barr returning. I'm not a super big fan of band aids through free agency again, and I don't like being pigeon holed into having to pick O-line at 18. 

5 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

I wonder what their plan is now. If they were willing to go after Saffold they were willing to pony up some real cash. I almost would rather have Saffold than Barr I think, but I'm not mad about Barr returning. I'm not a super big fan of band aids through free agency again, and I don't like being pigeon holed into having to pick O-line at 18. 

Saffold could have been the backup plan to not signing Barr. Perhaps they figured they could get one expensive free agent based on the release of Remmers, Sendejo and Griffen restructure.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I hope we don't sign a free agent Running Back. I'd rather see us just snag one with one of our 6th/7th round picks.

I don't know if I feel comfortable with Boone/ and a 6th or 7th as the back ups to Cook with his health history. I mean the Saints just forked up 3.5 million a year for Murray when they have Kamara. 

23 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

I don't know if I feel comfortable with Boone/ and a 6th or 7th as the back ups to Cook with his health history. I mean the Saints just forked up 3.5 million a year for Murray when they have Kamara. 

I don't even feel comfortable with Cook as the starter. Depth chart doesn't look good. 

• Like 1