Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Not quite ready to take a ride on the hype train yet.  It is important for me to remember that the Saint's defense is bottom 10 in the league.  I think this week against the Steelers will be a better test as to how much improved the line might be.

I understand the caution, but....

How many times did the offense look this good last year against other Bottom 10 defenses? Take your time, I'll wait....

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

I understand the caution, but....

How many times did the offense look this good last year against other Bottom 10 defenses? Take your time, I'll wait....

Point taken.  It's my personal philosophy as a Vikings fan since 1968, not to get to high when they play well, and not to get to low when they play poorly.  Now, when they win the doggone Super Bowl...I'll get real high!!  O.o

9 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Point taken.  It's my personal philosophy as a Vikings fan since 1968, not to get to high when they play well, and not to get to low when they play poorly.  Now, when they win the doggone Super Bowl...I'll get real high!!  O.o

Just curious, have you ever lived in Minnesota? Because that's also a very Minnesotan trait.

12 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

And not even using any manufactured means to do so, of course, right?

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Nothing manufactured, only 100% all natural ?

Indeed...all natural high!  Although, I may have to double up on cholesterol medication as I intend to eat everything I'm not suppose to!!!!

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I always assumed @Virginia Viking was in Virginia, MN. 

Sorry.  I forgot to answer that question.  I have been to Minnesota twice in my life...never resided there.  I have lived, with the exception of 3 years of graduate school in Pennsylvania, my whole life in the Old Dominion.  Born and raised in the land of the Washington Redskins television coverage....ugh.  Started following the Vikings at 7 years old and thought Minnesota was an enchanted, mystical land!! 

Belichick’s Patriots, in short, are masters at covering spreads — which is all the more impressive considering they’re almost always favorites. 

Now, we’re going to have to amend that rule.

Since taking charge of the team in 2014, Zimmer’s Vikings have covered a league-high 68 percent of its games, according to TeamRankings.com, more than four percent above the Patriots, the next-best team. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/minnesota-vikings-new-england-patriots-cover-betting-nfl-odds

On Saturday the Vikings announced that the club has signed QB Kyle Sloter to the 53-man roster off of the practice squad. To make room on the roster, the team waived S Antone Exum Jr.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Sign-QB-Kyle-Sloter-To-53-Man-Roster/699bc78d-fa09-41a2-9976-29858e2f3168?sf114689666=1

Edited by vike daddy