Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

The fact that Griffen hasn't restructured yet is a bit concerning. I'd like to keep him in the fold, but due to his episode last year it's definitely hard to trust him at his current price. I don't know what he'd command on the open market, but I'm sure it would be tough to get him back. 

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The fact that Griffen hasn't restructured yet is a bit concerning. I'd like to keep him in the fold, but due to his episode last year it's definitely hard to trust him at his current price. I don't know what he'd command on the open market, but I'm sure it would be tough to get him back. 

I'm not all that concerned yet.  He has the time to ponder it, since it's not guaranteed until Friday.  He can certainly take the entire day today to consider it and maybe negotiate with them.  He's earned that.  

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

They have until Friday. And given the reports from Goessling about Barr’s contract, they don’t need to make space for it to fit. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

When people say that there’s no loyalty in professional sports, just point to Anthony Barr. 

It also reflects well on the organization...that they will do their utmost at taking care of their own.  The mutual respect between the players and the organization appears to be well-founded.  

8 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Like telling the Jets he would sign? 

If that's where he was going with the comment, I'm not sure loyalty has anything to do with it.  Until pen is put to paper, it's always flexible.  The Jets could have just as easily told him that they were no longer interested in signing him if they had liked Preston Smith more and agreed to sign him for less than they would have paid Barr.  Anthony Barr doesn't owe the Jets any loyalty.