Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Why not just roll with Boone? RB is the most replaceable so why spend money?

With Cook having missed time enough of late, I would personally like to have someone I would feel comfortable going forward with. 

Boone to me just hasn’t been that guy. Maybe he improved, but I wouldn’t say I would be excited for him being the starting RB if Cook would go down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

Has there been any indication that the team is working to bring Easton back? 

There is no rush.  There isn't probably going to be a market for Easton elsewhere.  Still waiting on the fate of Everson.  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

There is no rush.  There isn't probably going to be a market for Easton elsewhere.  Still waiting on the fate of Everson.  

I’m getting the sense that the closer we get to the deadline for his contract, the more likely it is that Griffen is going to accept the restructure. 

I would think that if he wasn’t interested in the restructure, he’d want to hit the open market sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Never thought of Boone as much of a power back. 

Any chance were over valuing RB "roles"?

I mean I get that Boone is unproven but at a certain point you have to trust the talent of players you've brought in (assuming they actually like his talent and potential)

18 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Any chance were over valuing RB "roles"?

I mean I get that Boone is unproven but at a certain point you have to trust the talent of players you've brought in (assuming they actually like his talent and potential)

Maybe, at least until Cook establishes himself, I'd prefer to have multiple RBs with different skill sets.