Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Lol Sause and Nordo are saying Schreff and pick #15

That would be an absurd haul to give up for Diggs. So yeah, Bruce would probably be dumb enough to do it. Hell, he’d probably try to throw Kendall Fuller in there not realizing he traded him last off-season. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I don’t think anything has ever stopped up.

if a guard is the best player available they will pull the trigger

Based on Spielmans draft history, I wouldn't be so sure. Spielman has looked to draft higher impact positions in the first than IOL. In fact, Spielman has never taken an IOL in the first two rounds.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Based on Spielmans draft history, I wouldn't be so sure. Spielman has looked to draft higher impact positions in the first than IOL. In fact, Spielman has never taken an IOL in the first two rounds.

This is true. But, I don't think any available guard being signed would be the thing that stops him from drafting a guard in the first round. What would stop him is how (low) he values the importance of offensive line.

13 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

This is true. But, I don't think any available guard being signed would be the thing that stops him from drafting a guard in the first round. What would stop him is how (low) he values the importance of offensive line.

I don't think Spielman places a low value on the offensive line.  He may view individual positions on the line at a lower value (guards) but there's plenty of evidence that suggest he place plenty of value of the importance of the phase of the game, albeit I could still be less than what certain fans or analyst give it.

I'm curious, how many of the all pro guards of the past, say...5 years(?) have been drafted in the 1st or 2nd round?

52 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Also one hasn’t been the best player available while we needed a lineman. 

If the player is there, and is the best player, he will be a Vikings.

looking at his history he’s basicslly done this every year.

• Like 2