Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

23 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With that bit of info, I’m guessing that the new coaches decided that Compton didn’t fit into the new scheme. 

I was never all that impressed with him to begin with.  He might have done okay, but I didn't see it.  While none of the guys left on the market are guaranteed starters, I think there is some talent there, even if they haven't put it all together.  There's a guy like Chance Warmack...he hasn't been good at all, but he was a 1st rounder for a reason.  That Josh Kline guy has been mentioned before...maybe they bring back Bryan Witzmann again, see if he can make it this time.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Not saying he signed the league minimum, but he did last year. 

Actually my apologize, I’m wrong. It would count against us. League minimum would be around 790,000 for him.

bumping out the next lowest contract his salary would only lose a little more than $200k

this is assuming he signed the vet min, which he may very well not have

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Not saying he signed the league minimum, but he did last year. 

He didn't sign for the league minimum last year. He was still on his rookie contract last year. The Vikings assumed the last year of it when they claimed him off of waivers.

None of that is to say that he wouldn't sign for the league minimum this year.  We'll see fairly soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Maybe, just maybe, that’s a sign Wisniewski will be taking his visit here now.

My thinking is that the Jets are considering Wisniewski to play center for them. If so, I doubt the signing of Compton will have much effect.

12 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

He didn't sign for the league minimum last year. He was still on his rookie contract last year. The Vikings assumed the last year of it when they claimed him off of waivers.

None of that is to say that he wouldn't sign for the league minimum this year.  We'll see fairly soon.

I just can’t imagine he signed anything too serious, even if he signed a $1M contract, it’s really only effecting the cap number around $500k, just filling the team out for preseason we are going to have some guys come in like this. With his signing we are looking at 57 contracts. I’d have to imagine we will see quite a few UDFA’s coming in this year to compete.

9 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

My thinking is that the Jets are considering Wisniewski to play center for them. If so, I doubt the signing of Compton will have much effect.

I suppose it’s possible they bring in Wisniewski also, but they did just sign Harrison to a contract who isn’t all that great, but most the fans seem sold on him. They have the cap room to do it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well that’s a solid for all y’all panicking

Unless he rebounds, seems like he's on par with Mike Remmers. Regardless, we've got to have some bodies at guard pre draft and Kline at least has starting experience. I just hope we don't overpay for Kline like NO did for Easton. Feels like we're at the stage of getting desperate. Is trading Waynes and a 2nd for Brandon Scherff an option?

So starting OL right now with Kline

LT Reiff

LG Isidora

C Elflein 

RG Kline

RT O'Neill